sync issues

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

installed new monitors in centepede and joust both now have sync issues,new
monitors have only 1 wire sync,(centepede and Joust have 2 wire)tried
combinations from Bob Roberts,still no sync.

Joust is positive sync... make sure you are setting it up as such.

Tom wrote:
> installed new monitors in centepede and joust both now have sync issues,new
> monitors have only 1 wire sync,(centepede and Joust have 2 wire)tried
> combinations from Bob Roberts,still no sync.

New monitors.... probably only accept -CSYNC

Not sure on Centipede, but Joust is +SYNC.

New monitors.... probably only accept -CSYNC

Not sure on Centipede, but Joust is +SYNC. Time to build an
inverter/combiner or two.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for quick reply,not sure what I need to do,I remember in the past
about a conversion circuit for sync issues.
"Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Joust is positive sync... make sure you are setting it up as such.
>
> Tom wrote:
>> installed new monitors in centepede and joust both now have sync
>> issues,new
>> monitors have only 1 wire sync,(centepede and Joust have 2 wire)tried
>> combinations from Bob Roberts,still no sync.

This page has the info you need to convert..

http://www.robotron-2084.co.uk/techwilliams2jamma.html#video

Scott

www.agelessarcade.com

"Tom" <galaga@yhti.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for quick reply,not sure what I need to do,I remember in the past
> about a conversion circuit for sync issues.
> "Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Joust is positive sync... make sure you are setting it up as such.
>>
>> Tom wrote:
>>> installed new monitors in centepede and joust both now have sync
>>> issues,new
>>> monitors have only 1 wire sync,(centepede and Joust have 2 wire)tried
>>> combinations from Bob Roberts,still no sync.

If they are truely NEW monitors, doesn't any decent, respectable new
chassis have a switch selection on board for this?

I'd say consult the monitor manual before you hack into anything.

- Matt

Some new monitors nowadays only accept composite negative sync.

Even the Betson Imperial accepts dual syncs..

You must have dug down deeeeep for the REALLY cheap ones... lol..

Not intended as an insult, but you need to do a little more homework.
There are PLENTY of VERY cheap complete monitors or just chassis out
there that incorporate a much higher degree of flexability.

- Matt