Moving abroad for a year next month and I will need a laptop!
1. What is your budget?
$400-500, maybe $550
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a huge factor, but 5-6 hours is good
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Just basic web games, nothing like LoL or WoW
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Basic stuff...internet, watching videos online, video Skype, Microsoft office
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 500
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Ideally, I would like to buy at a store in person: Best buy, fry's, etc. If not, amazon, newegg..anywhere reliable
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years if possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
As long as it plays DVDs and CDs, it's fine!
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm not picky! But I do like lenovo and Asus, possibly Toshiba or Samsung.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I definitely would like to have good quality speakers, or a recommendation to buy external speakers. Also, since I'll be using Skype often I would like it to have an included webcam/microphone. Thank you!