TECH: WGK7000 C36 and C69

Hey all. I have a later version of the K7000 that runs 2 caps at
locations c36 and c69 instead of the old 4 legged cap. I'm trying to
find a source for these 2 caps, but I haven't had any luck even after
checking a true electronics store (the guy thought he'd have them but
turns out he didn't). I checked out WG site and a search for the part
number I have didn't give me any results. From what I found, C69 is a
..0061 mfd @ 1600 volt polypropylene cap and C36 is a 6100pf at 1.6kV
(found these values after searching the group archives). Anyone know
who has these offhand. Maybe I'm just not using the right words when
I'm searching for these caps. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Hey,
You can find the caps at : http://therealbobroberts.com/

http://www.gatorcade.com

miekkawi@msu.edu wrote:
> Hey all. I have a later version of the K7000 that runs 2 caps at
> locations c36 and c69 instead of the old 4 legged cap. I'm trying to
> find a source for these 2 caps, but I haven't had any luck even after
> checking a true electronics store (the guy thought he'd have them but
> turns out he didn't). I checked out WG site and a search for the part
> number I have didn't give me any results. From what I found, C69 is a
> .0061 mfd @ 1600 volt polypropylene cap and C36 is a 6100pf at 1.6kV
> (found these values after searching the group archives). Anyone know
> who has these offhand. Maybe I'm just not using the right words when
> I'm searching for these caps. Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

Yup, good old Bob Roberts stocks all these parts.

Bill, that is a retrace tuning cap that you are referring to. Is this
the x-men monitor you were having vertical squashing problems on? If
so, you're barking up the wrong tree. The retrace tuning cap(s) go to
ground and will cause fuses to blow when they short or get leaky.
Nothing to do with vert. size. You need to look at the caps in the
vertical section. Hard to say which one would likely be the cause. I
was thinking there was an electrolytic in line with the vert yoke coil
like some older monitors used. Could be the vert. output ic is headed
south as well.

happs has the one for c36 (although it's listed as a 1.5kV part... which is
what randy fromm's schematics has it at...)

under monitors/wells gardner parts

http://www.happcontrols.com/monitors/wells_parts.htm

I don't see the one for C69 though...

steve

<miekkawi@msu.edu> wrote in message
> Hey all. I have a later version of the K7000 that runs 2 caps at
> locations c36 and c69 instead of the old 4 legged cap. I'm trying to
> find a source for these 2 caps, but I haven't had any luck even after
> checking a true electronics store (the guy thought he'd have them but
> turns out he didn't). I checked out WG site and a search for the part
> number I have didn't give me any results. From what I found, C69 is a
> .0061 mfd @ 1600 volt polypropylene cap and C36 is a 6100pf at 1.6kV
> (found these values after searching the group archives). Anyone know
> who has these offhand. Maybe I'm just not using the right words when
> I'm searching for these caps. Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

You can also use the prper electronic math to put two different sizes caps
in parallel to make the equivalent value. I did this with no problem.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> happs has the one for c36 (although it's listed as a 1.5kV part... which
> is what randy fromm's schematics has it at...)
>
> under monitors/wells gardner parts
>
> http://www.happcontrols.com/monitors/wells_parts.htm
>
> I don't see the one for C69 though...
>
> steve
>
> <miekkawi@msu.edu> wrote in message
>> Hey all. I have a later version of the K7000 that runs 2 caps at
>> locations c36 and c69 instead of the old 4 legged cap. I'm trying to
>> find a source for these 2 caps, but I haven't had any luck even after
>> checking a true electronics store (the guy thought he'd have them but
>> turns out he didn't). I checked out WG site and a search for the part
>> number I have didn't give me any results. From what I found, C69 is a
>> .0061 mfd @ 1600 volt polypropylene cap and C36 is a 6100pf at 1.6kV
>> (found these values after searching the group archives). Anyone know
>> who has these offhand. Maybe I'm just not using the right words when
>> I'm searching for these caps. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Bill

damn.. ya know I looked for it under the capacitor section and couldn't find
it...

damn things under the K7000 section... go figure :)

here's the direct link to his page for modding the 4 prong version to the
two prong...

of course, this still doesn't help with the C69 cap... still... even if he
doesn't have it he may know where to get it... doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.homearcade.org/BBBB/csc.html