Tech: Midway Skins Game Reset Issue

Hoping someone has seen this problem before ...

I have a dedicated Midway Skins Game that works perfectly as long as
someone is physically standing there playing it, but if you let it sit
for 10 minutes or so, it suddenly resets itself and goes into a black
and white screen (looks like a DOS screen from early computing days).
The top of the screen says "read from non-existant memory" and then the
rest of the screen I cannot understand.

It also says "3 taps and you're out" at the bottom of the screen, and
when you hit any button 3 times it resets itself again and comes back
to the same screen.

If I power the game off and then back on again it will work perfectly,
but if it sits idle for ten minutes it will reset again.

Very strange ... anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Steve

Try turning up the power supply a little bit, sounds like it is not getting
enough voltage. More than likely this will solve your problem.

Brian

<steven.moritz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hoping someone has seen this problem before ...
>
> I have a dedicated Midway Skins Game that works perfectly as long as
> someone is physically standing there playing it, but if you let it sit
> for 10 minutes or so, it suddenly resets itself and goes into a black
> and white screen (looks like a DOS screen from early computing days).
> The top of the screen says "read from non-existant memory" and then the
> rest of the screen I cannot understand.
>
> It also says "3 taps and you're out" at the bottom of the screen, and
> when you hit any button 3 times it resets itself again and comes back
> to the same screen.
>
> If I power the game off and then back on again it will work perfectly,
> but if it sits idle for ten minutes it will reset again.
>
> Very strange ... anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
>
> Steve

The three taps is a meassage warning that the powersupply is not at the
correct voltage. Either to high or to low. Check both 5 an 12. Sometimes
the 12 is out of wack when the 5 is correct. Replace the PS