Desktop repl.(Gaming, sometimes CAD). 1300$

An engineer student wanting to buy a decent desktop replacement, having weird principles and beliefs that clog up my mind. I have little knowledge, no experience...

---What is your budget?
1300$ might be a bit more, might be less

---- What is the size
At least 15.6, although 17 would be nice

---What screen resolution do you want?
I haven't had experience, don't know the difference so: FOR GUILD WARS 2, so dat pictures would be nice enough :D

--- How much battery life, Hard drive do you need?
My logic is that if i take as less Baterry life and Hard Drive, I can get better parameters on proccessor, graphics card blabla

------What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Will be using CAD from time to time, but as far as i know it doesn't require much..

----If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
This is my childish understanding from hearing from PCs repairing shops:

***** "Don't buy HP, HP brakes! Ventilation system is awful!"
[considering the fact that it will heat up from GUILDS WARS 2]

****** "DON'T buy AMD proccessors!!!! All laptops I have for repair are with AMD proccessors!!!! you hear me!!!?????"
[so now I am PARANOID looking at any laptop with AMD!!!!!!!!!!! except Radeon graphics cards.... ]

***** "Buy Dell Asus, lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer..." " Sony doesn't advertise but have very good new VAIOs" ""IF you want reaaaly best, buy MAC, my little daughter droped mac on the ground 3 times, it's fine!!!" [won't buy anyway]

***** "Buy from more known companies, because they are better built and you are more likely to avoid overheatings and blablabla ! "

***** " Get a cooling pad! you will overheat your pc 100% while playing games, even if you don't take it anywhere!

***** "Buy any computer just with as much warranty as possible! you will over heat eventually! 2 years at least, 3 the best.."""

***Hel me "FIX" my beliefs that I am now following everywhere while trying to buy a notebook*****

-----How long do you want to keep your laptop?
~3 years? I don' know, that's why i wanna buy a better one!

---------What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I can live WITHOUT IT !

----------- What country do you live in?
UK

I went to PC world, guy showed my this lapotop

also he said "get i5 proc, u won't need i7 at all, it will be fully enough, 6GB RAM will be enough even in 2 years time, 1GB vRAM.

What about the speed of graphics card??????????? i know that vRAM is a priority, but with some cards i would be able to play GUILD WARS 2 at high settings at 30fps, and some just with 15.

I am trying to justify my reason for buying a laptop buy saying " oh, i need u know for engineering, and games when I have free time, u know....", but i can honestly say that it is for Guild Wars 2, taht I would like to play on mid-high graphics :))))))))
://///

I get tired from looking all over the internet for hours looking for the best combinations of CPUs and GPUs to find for my game, I wanna find the best u know.

Sorry for all this junk taht's in my mind and sorry for bad english, hoping to get something ,
Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop repl gaming 1300
  1. Hey! what about sager, they offer good specs for gaming laptopts! are they trustworthy?
  2. from dell outlet you can get this 17R with a geforce 630m and 4GB RAM and i3-2470 (2.4Ghz dual core)
    http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/SecondaryInventorySearch.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dfh&cs=ukdfh1&puid=83e48d07

less than £400
  3. Well as for now I am reading about Clevo-Sager laptops and they seem very nice, i am talking about "bang for the buck". And they seem pretty reliable as well, i can take 3 year warranty for 150$, which is very pleasing for me
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Laptops