Help - trouble to transfer files -

I can view and transfer files from my Laptop to my
home gateway server, but I am unable to transfer
files to the Laptop from my home gateway server.
Although the TCP/IP is accessible from both the
Laptop and the gateway, but only the transfer to the
Laptop is blocked. I have a wired home phone line
network. Laptop and the gateway both are
running XP Pro with SP2 updates.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

P.S. Do I have to keep the 'Guest' account active
in both the Laptop and the gateway?

It worked ! The 'Guest' account must be 'active' in both the
Laptop and the Gateway PCs for file transfers.