outlook express sending attachements

Prior to today our client has been able to send attachements without problem
through outlook express. We checked and turned off the antivirus completely
so we could make sure it was not her antivirus making the problem, we checked
her security settings within outlook express as well . She can send an email
as long as there are no attachments. we also tested her sending various types
of attachments to different addresses. All will send as long as there are no
attachements. When sending an attachment, the outlook express locks up (not
responding) when she clicks send.
--
Deborah Owner ACE Computer Guy

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:117D1D2B-6251-4481-BCF1-6EC6A7117380@microsoft.com,
Deborah <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Prior to today our client has been able to send attachements without
> problem through outlook express. We checked and turned off the
> antivirus completely so we could make sure it was not her antivirus
> making the problem, we checked her security settings within outlook
> express as well . She can send an email as long as there are no
> attachments. we also tested her sending various types of attachments
> to different addresses. All will send as long as there are no
> attachements. When sending an attachment, the outlook express locks
> up (not responding) when she clicks send.

Does this person have email virus scanning enabled?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:117D1D2B-6251-4481-BCF1-6EC6A7117380@microsoft.com,
> Deborah <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Prior to today our client has been able to send attachements without
> > problem through outlook express. We checked and turned off the
> > antivirus completely so we could make sure it was not her antivirus
> > making the problem, we checked her security settings within outlook
> > express as well . She can send an email as long as there are no
> > attachments. we also tested her sending various types of attachments
> > to different addresses. All will send as long as there are no
> > attachements. When sending an attachment, the outlook express locks
> > up (not responding) when she clicks send.
>
> Does this person have email virus scanning enabled?
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

After further investigation, it turns out the customer had norton security
turned on. He didnt even know he had norton installed. (this was a phone
service call)
thanks for the help. sincerely, Deborah www.acecomputerguy.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E72B6E05-9B58-4FFD-A547-14C090EFA380@microsoft.com,
Deborah <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> After further investigation, it turns out the customer had norton
> security turned on. He didnt even know he had norton installed. (this
> was a phone service call)
> thanks for the help. sincerely, Deborah www.acecomputerguy.com

That is, more often then not these days, why people have trouble with
attachments and often is the problem with other email problems that seem
highly suspect. I will, however, leave my opinions of Norton to the side for
the time being as it's not just they who seem to make applications that
limit email client functionality with their default settings.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS