Desktop Shortcut to Device Manager

May 26, 2005 6:32:17 PM

Can anyone tell me how to set up a desktop shortcut to Device Manager please?

Thanks

Rod
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:29:47 AM

Rod, go to C:\Windows\System32\Devmgmt.msc rt click on it and select
Send to Desktop as Shortcut
"CAO8661ME" <CAO8661ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F416F8B-284F-4A48-9918-4C9C6062928D@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to set up a desktop shortcut to Device Manager
> please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:02:03 PM

Many thanks, that worked ok.

The reason I wanted to do this is that if I forget to switch on my scanner
before switching on, XP doesn't see it and I have to restart with it switched
on if I need it.

I've found by going into Device Manager/OEM Computer/Scan for Hardware
Changes I can make XP locate the scanner after I switch it on without
restarting.

I take it I can't create a shortcut direct to 'Scan for hardware change' so
only one mouse click will make it find my scanner?

Thanks

Rod