Desktop Shortcut to Device Manager

Can anyone tell me how to set up a desktop shortcut to Device Manager please?

Thanks

Rod
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop shortcut device manager

    Rod, go to C:\Windows\System32\Devmgmt.msc rt click on it and select
    Send to Desktop as Shortcut
    "CAO8661ME" <CAO8661ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to set up a desktop shortcut to Device Manager
    > please?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rod

    Many thanks, that worked ok.

    The reason I wanted to do this is that if I forget to switch on my scanner
    before switching on, XP doesn't see it and I have to restart with it switched
    on if I need it.

    I've found by going into Device Manager/OEM Computer/Scan for Hardware
    Changes I can make XP locate the scanner after I switch it on without
    restarting.

    I take it I can't create a shortcut direct to 'Scan for hardware change' so
    only one mouse click will make it find my scanner?

    Thanks

    Rod

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Rod, go to C:\Windows\System32\Devmgmt.msc rt click on it and select
    > Send to Desktop as Shortcut
    > "CAO8661ME" <CAO8661ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone tell me how to set up a desktop shortcut to Device Manager
    > > please?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Rod

Device Manager Support Desktops Microsoft Windows XP