Limited Account Problem - One More Try

I thought I'd ask for help one more time since I did some experiments
and got some new info about my problem:

I'm trying to create and use a limited account for web browsing and
such. I can create either Admin or Limited accounts with no problem
and can log in to Windows (XP Pro) normally with an ADMIN account.
However, with a LIMITED account, when I click on the account name or
icon in order to log in, it sits on the "Loading Personal Settings"
for far too long (it goes to the desktop in 2-3 seconds with Admin
accounts but takes 30 seconds or so with Limited). After 30 seconds
or so, the desktop comes up but no Start Menu, Taskbar, or Icons.

Again, I can create and log in to Windows normally with Admin
accounts, but can only create limited accounts. When I try to log in
to Windows (XP Pro) with Limited accounts, it takes much longer than
it should, the desktop wallpaper comes up but no Start Menu, Taskbar,
or Icons.

I can then CTRL-ALT-DEL and Task Manager appears. I can use the Run
function in Task Manager to bring up a command prompt or notepad or
word pad or other basic applications, so windows is sort of working,
there simply is no taskbar or icons on the desktop. I can also use
the "Log Off" function on Task Manager to bring back my admin account
which functions normally.

I've tried to be sneaky and create an account as Admin, log in with it
as Admin to get all the settints properly set up, and then later
changing it to limited but the same problem occurs even though I could
earlier log in with the EXACT SAME ACCOUNT when it was an Admin
account.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried to be very clear about the
problem, but if I have not been please let me know.

-David

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson