MSI laptop reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
I cant say for the laptops but I use there parts in my desktop and they are reliable. As for the chart I would guess it maybe hard to find since they are not a "mainstream" brand. Just curious which laptop are you looking at and how much is it. The specific laptop will allow people to better answer your question.

Hi,

Msi is better than most other brand out there,

here's my personal chart of reliability:

1- Asus / MSI (never had to repair any of them in the last 5 years)
2 -Dell / hp (most of the time HD fail but rest of machine is ok, hp mobo fail 2-3 years usage)
3- Acer, apple, sony (will die within 2-3 years normal usage: computer made not to last- don't buy used )
4 - Gateway, toshiba (dead mobo within 1 to 2 years of normal usage: I saw a bunch of toshiba fail within 1 week of usage)

ungovernable

Distinguished
BANNED
Apr 14, 2011
Hmmm according to the graph i posted in my first post, HP is the worst of all brands with almost 2 times more failtures than Asus

Toshiba is also ranked the best together with Asus. But their laptops looks horrible and they are cheaper than average so i suspect they use cheap materials.

Oh well... looks like i'm going to buy that MSI laptop. Best deal i could find for $1000 beside Acer Aspire but i don't trust it.

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Msi is, what I consider, a top tier manufacturer along with Asus and Gigabyte. They make great products and stand behind them. I have sold several MSI laptops over the last two years and not had a single failure with any of them. Several of those have been in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some on multiple/extended tours and have had no issues what so ever.

ungovernable

Distinguished
BANNED
Apr 14, 2011
I just bought the MSI laptop :) Hope to get it soon

Gigabyte makes laptop now ?
I have to disagree that Gigabyte stands behind their product. I had the worst horror story i ever had with an hardware company (and trust me i bought a lot). Gigabyte ignored my multiple support tickets, i had to post in their public forum and accuse them of ignoring their client until they sent an "answer", they always refused to RMA my motherboard and sent stupid contradictory replies. I ended up throwing the motherboard in the garbage and i swear i will never buy a gigabyte product again. I also had another problem with a RMA for a client. Sent the motherboard for RMA and they sent the same board without fixing the problem. Gigabyte has the worst support i ever seen.

Several of those have been in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some on multiple/extended tours and have had no issues what so ever.
MSI are the only one (at my knowledge) who make military-class rated motherboard. I absolutly love mine !

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
MSI are the only one (at my knowledge) who make military-class rated motherboard. I absolutly love mine !

That's mostly just marketing BS. The MSI's I were referring to just happen to be something that several people in the US armed forces bought to take on deployment with them. They are just standard consumer level stuff.

What they refer to as "military-class" are it meets us military requirements in it's construction. Things like better capacitors, thicker/stronger PCB and testing for failure in a variety of conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.