filenames missing in Explorer

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

Over the last couple of days, I've noticed that filenames are missing from
Windows Explorer when looking at thumbnails. Previously they were visible.
This doesn't happen in all instances of Explorer windows.

I feel that this is a setting, but I can't figure out which one, or how it
has become set as it is. I'm using Windows XP Pro

Can anyone tell me how to get my filenames back please

TIA

Neil

Niel, next time in Windows Explorer and Thumbnails are showing
correctly, select Tools>Folder Options>View and click on Apply to all
folders.
"Neil" <n.hall@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Over the last couple of days, I've noticed that filenames are missing from
> Windows Explorer when looking at thumbnails. Previously they were visible.
> This doesn't happen in all instances of Explorer windows.
>
> I feel that this is a setting, but I can't figure out which one, or how it
> has become set as it is. I'm using Windows XP Pro
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get my filenames back please
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

Neil;

Go to any folder and open it. Click on view, and select any view except
thumbnail. Now, hold down the shift key and select Thumbnail view. Your
filenames should be back. Post back and let us know how it went...

Bobby

"Neil" <n.hall@nospam.virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Over the last couple of days, I've noticed that filenames are missing from
> Windows Explorer when looking at thumbnails. Previously they were visible.
> This doesn't happen in all instances of Explorer windows.
>
> I feel that this is a setting, but I can't figure out which one, or how it
> has become set as it is. I'm using Windows XP Pro
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get my filenames back please
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
names. Do it again to bring them back.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:emzU31jYFHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Neil <n.hall@nospam.virgin.net> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
>
> Over the last couple of days, I've noticed that filenames are missing from
> Windows Explorer when looking at thumbnails. Previously they were visible.
> This doesn't happen in all instances of Explorer windows.
>
> I feel that this is a setting, but I can't figure out which one, or how it
> has become set as it is. I'm using Windows XP Pro
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get my filenames back please
>
> TIA
>
> Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Guys

Thanks for your help. Holding down the shift key when going into Thumbnail
view did the trick.

Cheers

Neil