Windows Task Manager

My "Windows Task Manager" window display has changed.
It used to show
1, Control Buttons: namely Minimized, Maximized, and Close
2, Menu bar : File, Option, View, Help
3, Tabs : Applicatios, Processes, Performance, Networking, Users
Now it has the following columns instead,
Image Name, User Name, CPU, Mem Usage
I don't know how and why it changed.
Please help me to bring back its original window display.
Thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about windows task manager

    Hi Daniel,

    Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode.
    Double click on the outside border of the window to regain the tabs.
    Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    daniel chen wrote:
    > My "Windows Task Manager" window display has changed.
    > It used to show
    > 1, Control Buttons: namely Minimized, Maximized, and
    > Close 2, Menu bar : File, Option, View, Help
    > 3, Tabs : Applicatios, Processes, Performance,
    > Networking, Users Now it has the following columns
    > instead, Image Name, User Name, CPU, Mem Usage
    > I don't know how and why it changed.
    > Please help me to bring back its original window display.
    > Thanks,

    Not sure why the tabs and control buttons have disappeared, but those
    colums are always there, they are the defult settings. You can change
    which columns are displayed by clicking view, then select columns.

    Thank you, Bert
    I have it back.

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Daniel,
    >
    > Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode.
    > Double click on the outside border of the window to regain the tabs.
    > Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > daniel chen wrote:
    >> My "Windows Task Manager" window display has changed.
    >> It used to show
    >> 1, Control Buttons: namely Minimized, Maximized, and
    >> Close 2, Menu bar : File, Option, View, Help
    >> 3, Tabs : Applicatios, Processes, Performance,
    >> Networking, Users Now it has the following columns
    >> instead, Image Name, User Name, CPU, Mem Usage
    >> I don't know how and why it changed.
    >> Please help me to bring back its original window display.
    >> Thanks,

Task Manager Windows XP Displays