Windows Installer system administrator has set policies to..

I have been tryng to install Paperport 9 and the error comes up that
installer doesn't respond. When I do a search and find the Paperport 9 file
and try to install it says -Windows Installer - The system administrator has
set policies to prevent the installation. I am the administrator so I don't
know what's up. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows installer system administrator policies

    "Elisa" <Elisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been tryng to install Paperport 9 and the error comes up that
    > installer doesn't respond. When I do a search and find the Paperport
    > 9 file
    > and try to install it says -Windows Installer - The system
    > administrator has
    > set policies to prevent the installation. I am the administrator so I
    > don't
    > know what's up. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

    Scan your system to rid of Spyware, malware, and parasites.

    Adaware SE (free)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

    Spybot - search and destroy (free)

    Trend Micro - Housecall (free)
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com

    Check the registry for the policy settings to disable Windows Installer

    HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
    and check here as well
    HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

    Delete "DisableMSI" or change the value to 0.

    --
    William
  2. If you are running Windows Vista OS:

    Go into "Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control On or Off"

    In that directory you'll have the choice of whether to turn on UAC (User Account Control) or not. If it is on, it is most likely that it's the one blocking your installation.

    Turn it off and you should install your Paperport 9 without any problems.

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP