Windows Installer system administrator has set policies to..

May 26, 2005 8:22:02 PM

I have been tryng to install Paperport 9 and the error comes up that
installer doesn't respond. When I do a search and find the Paperport 9 file
and try to install it says -Windows Installer - The system administrator has
set policies to prevent the installation. I am the administrator so I don't
know what's up. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:54:56 PM

"Elisa" <Elisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been tryng to install Paperport 9 and the error comes up that
> installer doesn't respond. When I do a search and find the Paperport
> 9 file
> and try to install it says -Windows Installer - The system
> administrator has
> set policies to prevent the installation. I am the administrator so I
> don't
> know what's up. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Scan your system to rid of Spyware, malware, and parasites.

Adaware SE (free)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy (free)

Trend Micro - Housecall (free)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Check the registry for the policy settings to disable Windows Installer

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
and check here as well
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Delete "DisableMSI" or change the value to 0.

--
William
July 19, 2008 6:15:34 PM

If you are running Windows Vista OS:

Go into "Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control On or Off"

In that directory you'll have the choice of whether to turn on UAC (User Account Control) or not. If it is on, it is most likely that it's the one blocking your installation.

Turn it off and you should install your Paperport 9 without any problems.
!