"mdm32.exe" trying to access the internet

Does anyone know what MDM32.EXE is and why its trying to access the internet?
It's located withing the Windows folder and I'm concerned its a malicious
file. Is it legitimate and I should let it access the Internet or have it
deleted?

I'm using WindowsXP Home OS with Zone Alarm firewall.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

It is a Worm Virus: WORM_AGOBOT.AQ

"Bobhob" <Bobhob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what MDM32.EXE is and why its trying to access the
> internet?
> It's located withing the Windows folder and I'm concerned its a malicious
> file. Is it legitimate and I should let it access the Internet or have it
> deleted?
>
> I'm using WindowsXP Home OS with Zone Alarm firewall.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

When you first get infected , W32/Agobot-AQ copies itself to the Windows
system folder with
the filename mdm32.exe.

Bobhob wrote:
> Does anyone know what MDM32.EXE is and why its trying to access the
> internet? It's located withing the Windows folder and I'm concerned
> its a malicious file. Is it legitimate and I should let it access the
> Internet or have it deleted?
>
> I'm using WindowsXP Home OS with Zone Alarm firewall.

Why - you too lazy to Google? I entered it as a search term and received
over 1,000 hits. It's obvious you can't be arsed to do any work yourself and
just want spoonfeeding.

Sorry, buddy, it ain't gonna happen...

Missy, I advise you to Goggle the word politenes. So I don't need to take
time here explaining. Comprende
--
http://www.fast-rewind.com