hello everyone my dell xps m1210 just died so now i need a new laptop. i have been doing some research but cant find much on budget gaming laptops. before i go buy an alienware i would like to see other options.
1. What is your budget?
850.00 (less if possible but i understand gaming laptops require higher specs)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I don't mind a small size because my old xps m1210 was like 12"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a laptop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
don't care because it will always be plugged in
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes i will be playing games. the game i will be playing is world of warcraft. i DON'T need to run the game on ultra high settings. medium is fine since i prefer performance over quality so i don't lag at critical moments.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
just gaming and school work.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
my old laptop had a 100GB drive and i managed with that so anything higher than that would be a upgrade lol, but to answer the question 320-500gb i guess.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
i would like to buy the laptop locally.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
till the motherboard dies.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
just a basic dvd drive. i think dvd burners are standard now.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i don't care about brand only hardware. all companies make good products and bad products. the only thing that is a must is the CPU must be Intel and the GPU i would prefer to be ATI. my old laptop had a faulty nvidia GPU and previous experiences with nvidia have all been bad.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Intel CPU with a ATI (AMD) GPU would be ideal. in the end if i cant find anything i guess ill just buy an alienware but would really like to save money if possible. although i plan on using the laptop for gaming the only game i will ever run on it will be WoW. i don't intend to play the game on the highest settings so i don't need the latest and greatest GPU on the market.
i was looking at bare bones and "custom" laptops but couldn't find much information on that. if that's a cheaper alternative i would go that route.
in the end if nothing works i guess ill just get an alienware.....