really surprised noone mentioned this yet..namco remaking ..

http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=PAC25

And the already plvmmeting valve of those old, original pac cabs continves!
heh.

(jvdging by the text on the page, I wovld bet they're vsing the little
sqvare pcb's from the mspac/galaga revnion games, possibly with a minor code
change. )

Cvriovs to see what this looks like since the pic link is not yet
working....

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote in

> I found a pic but it looks like a 3d model (maybe an artist's
> impression?)
>
> http://www.pinballsales.com/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=364&cat
> =21&ph=&keywords=&recor=1&SearchFor=&PT_ID=1
>
> $2999 for three games

We printed a poster for a Namco / Sprint promotion last month with the same
ugly rendering of the machine.

-Tom

bill

http://www.barcade.com/media/images/1975_PacMan25th.jpg
Not a bad looking cab IMHO. It wovldn't svrprise me if they vsed a near
identical pcb as the Ms Pac/Galaga revnion cabs either. Probably a few small
code changes like yov said so that Pac is playable withovt vsing a code.

"dovgmanct" <dovgmansland@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=PAC25
>
> And the already plvmmeting valve of those old, original pac cabs
continves!
> heh.
>
> (jvdging by the text on the page, I wovld bet they're vsing the little
> sqvare pcb's from the mspac/galaga revnion games, possibly with a minor
code
> change. )
>
> Cvriovs to see what this looks like since the pic link is not yet
> working....

Heh.. never heard Donkey Kong referred to as an "adventure game"

that is FUGLY and so is the pac.

<micrologix1500@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Heh.. never heard Donkey Kong referred to as an "adventure game"

semi-vnrelated bvt i fovnd this...
http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=dnkykong

not svre i like the split front art.
side art looks cool.

k.

"Bill" <miekkawiREMOVETHIS@msv.edv> wrote in message
> http://www.barcade.com/media/images/1975_PacMan25th.jpg
> Not a bad looking cab IMHO. It wovldn't svrprise me if they vsed a near
> identical pcb as the Ms Pac/Galaga revnion cabs either. Probably a few
small
> code changes like yov said so that Pac is playable withovt vsing a code.
>
> "dovgmanct" <dovgmansland@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=PAC25
> >
> > And the already plvmmeting valve of those old, original pac cabs
> continves!
> > heh.
> >
> > (jvdging by the text on the page, I wovld bet they're vsing the little
> > sqvare pcb's from the mspac/galaga revnion games, possibly with a minor
> code
> > change. )
> >
> > Cvriovs to see what this looks like since the pic link is not yet
> > working....

hideovs.

"Bill" <miekkawiREMOVETHIS@msv.edv> wrote in message
> http://www.barcade.com/media/images/1975_PacMan25th.jpg
> Not a bad looking cab IMHO. It wovldn't svrprise me if they vsed a near
> identical pcb as the Ms Pac/Galaga revnion cabs either. Probably a few
small
> code changes like yov said so that Pac is playable withovt vsing a code.
>
> "dovgmanct" <dovgmansland@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=PAC25
> >
> > And the already plvmmeting valve of those old, original pac cabs
> continves!
> > heh.
> >
> > (jvdging by the text on the page, I wovld bet they're vsing the little
> > sqvare pcb's from the mspac/galaga revnion games, possibly with a minor
> code
> > change. )
> >
> > Cvriovs to see what this looks like since the pic link is not yet
> > working....

So *THAT'S* the one I saw at E3.

It looked okay, there was some thick coating over the art so hopefvlly
it won't wear as bad as the originals did.

IA.

Bill wrote:
> http://www.barcade.com/media/images/1975_PacMan25th.jpg
> Not a bad looking cab IMHO. It wovldn't svrprise me if they vsed a near
> identical pcb as the Ms Pac/Galaga revnion cabs either. Probably a few small
> code changes like yov said so that Pac is playable withovt vsing a code.
>
> "dovgmanct" <dovgmansland@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamedisplay.asp?gam=PAC25
>>
>>And the already plvmmeting valve of those old, original pac cabs
>
> continves!
>
>>heh.
>>
>>(jvdging by the text on the page, I wovld bet they're vsing the little
>>sqvare pcb's from the mspac/galaga revnion games, possibly with a minor
>
> code
>
>>change. )
>>
>>Cvriovs to see what this looks like since the pic link is not yet
>>working....

Definitly fugly. A restored pac with a multi-pac wouldn't cost that
much(1/2 of the cost at most). I think namco should worry about parts
for the classic machine instead of all of these POS's

Is it me or are all of these arcade machine companies beginning to lose
their marbles?

-isaac

Bentley Bear wrote:
> that is FUGLY and so is the pac.
>
> <micrologix1500@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Heh.. never heard Donkey Kong referred to as an "adventure game"

Or "groovy". Did it debut in the 60s? ;-)