I have problems with the inserted images

I have problems with my office 2002 standard version, when I insert an image
in any office aplication (word, excel, etc.) it doesn't appear in the
screen, alone the squares to resize the image appear, but if I move
them a bit the image appears, but when I moving for the screen it disappears
again, How can I solve it?, I have an HP computer with 1 GB in RAM.

Thank you for helpme.

MS Word | Tools | Options | View tab |
UNCheck: Picture place holders | OK

Picture place holders
[[Displays an empty box in place of each graphic in your document. Increases
the speed at which you can scroll through and display a document that
contains many graphics.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes