Problem With XP Pro and Virus

May 27, 2005 12:14:02 AM

Hi, my friend is running XP Pro and he found out he has several Virus, the
main one is called Trojan/spy.html.smitfraud.c When he Runs McAfee anti
virus , It will not let him delete or isolate all of them. My Question is
this, Does he have to reformat his hard drive and if so how does he do it ?
Any assistance is appreciated. Also it would not allow him to do a system
restore. He can not access any websites and will not let him log onto any
browsers.

Thanks
Ed

More about : problem pro virus

May 27, 2005 9:04:39 AM

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my friend is running XP Pro and he found out he has several Virus,
the
> main one is called Trojan/spy.html.smitfraud.c When he Runs McAfee
anti
> virus , It will not let him delete or isolate all of them. My Question
is
> this, Does he have to reformat his hard drive and if so how does he do
it ?
> Any assistance is appreciated. Also it would not allow him to do a
system
> restore. He can not access any websites and will not let him log onto
any
> browsers.
>
> Thanks

Try this link for info on removal. If you need further help look at the
reference to HiJack This and Geekstogo.
May 27, 2005 9:04:40 AM

He isnt able to access the internet to down load anything, cant access any
email or anything. Any other ideas ?

!