Problem With XP Pro and Virus

Hi, my friend is running XP Pro and he found out he has several Virus, the
main one is called Trojan/spy.html.smitfraud.c When he Runs McAfee anti
virus , It will not let him delete or isolate all of them. My Question is
this, Does he have to reformat his hard drive and if so how does he do it ?
Any assistance is appreciated. Also it would not allow him to do a system
restore. He can not access any websites and will not let him log onto any
browsers.

Thanks
Ed
2 answers Last reply
More about problem virus

    "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, my friend is running XP Pro and he found out he has several Virus,
    the
    > main one is called Trojan/spy.html.smitfraud.c When he Runs McAfee
    anti
    > virus , It will not let him delete or isolate all of them. My Question
    is
    > this, Does he have to reformat his hard drive and if so how does he do
    it ?
    > Any assistance is appreciated. Also it would not allow him to do a
    system
    > restore. He can not access any websites and will not let him log onto
    any
    > browsers.
    >
    > Thanks

    Try this link for info on removal. If you need further help look at the
    reference to HiJack This and Geekstogo.

    He isnt able to access the internet to down load anything, cant access any
    email or anything. Any other ideas ?

    "Billy" wrote:

    > "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, my friend is running XP Pro and he found out he has several Virus,
    > the
    > > main one is called Trojan/spy.html.smitfraud.c When he Runs McAfee
    > anti
    > > virus , It will not let him delete or isolate all of them. My Question
    > is
    > > this, Does he have to reformat his hard drive and if so how does he do
    > it ?
    > > Any assistance is appreciated. Also it would not allow him to do a
    > system
    > > restore. He can not access any websites and will not let him log onto
    > any
    > > browsers.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Try this link for info on removal. If you need further help look at the
    > reference to HiJack This and Geekstogo.
    > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=75890

Virus Windows XP