No Standby Mode

Hello All,
Thank goodness for this place..I enjoy it SO much ! I’m trying to find
an answer for a friend of mine that recently upgraded his computer
from windows 98 se to windows xp prof. . One problem I can’t seem to
solve for him is that I can’t get his system to go into standby mode.
I receive this error:

On a computer that has an ATI Rage Pro accelerated graphics port (AGP)
2X video adapter installed, when you attempt to put the computer into
Standby mode, you may receive the following error message:

The device driver for the "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP
2X" device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please
close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may
need to update this driver. This behavior occurs because Windows XP
does not provide power management support for this video adapter.

I’ve already updated his driver to this one: Windows XP Display Driver
version 5.10.2600.6010
And I still receive the same message..I’m really wondering if it’s
something else causing it. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks
SO much !!
David
:?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Standby-Mode-ftopict376934.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227034

ACPI in Windows XP does not support that video card.
In order for you to use Standby in XP you will need to install a different
card.

--
Good Day
River Rat

"DW49" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
[...]

djbillyd

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I have the following adapter:
Adapter Type ATI 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X (GT-C2U2), ATI Technologies, Inc. compatible
I have only had this one adapter. My computer just recently went into nutso with this. You say try a different "card". Is that the literal card, or did you mean the driver?