i cant paste! help!

i cant seem to paste my text after i copy it. everytime i paste the same word
"hello!" keeps appearing. i went to the clipbrd and found the word "hello!"
in it. the screen(clipbrd) is flickering, and i cant delete the "hello!".
please help. thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about paste help

    Hello Steph,

    I'd suggest running XP's System File Checker. Place your XP CD in the CDROM drive. (If setup pops-up just close (exit) that window).
    From XP menus, select "Command Prompt". (or from Run menu, type
    CMD <enter>

    in the command prompt window type
    SFC /SCANNOW <enter>

    That would get System File Checker running, and recheck your versions of Windows system files

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    steph wrote:
    > i cant seem to paste my text after i copy it. everytime i paste the
    > same word "hello!" keeps appearing. i went to the clipbrd and found
    > the word "hello!" in it. the screen(clipbrd) is flickering, and i
    > cant delete the "hello!". please help. thanks.

Support Microsoft Windows XP