Rudy

I would like to format a DVD-RW on my PC with Windows XP. The DVD burner is a
SONY DVD RW DW-U14A. When I go to explorerselct the DVD path and click
(righthand) on the mouse onto the DVD rewriter icon, the menu is not showing
Format. buring DVD-R and DVD+R is not a problem

Rudy,

I'm not a 100% certain on this so I could be wrong but I don't think this
feature is available for DVD's as standard. On my laptop I am running Sonic
DLA which allows me to do what you are trying to do, but on a couple of other
machines around me that have DVD burners and the software that came with them
installed this feature is not there.

Take a look at the following for more information:

Courtesy of Alex Nichol - MVP:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Steve

"rudy" wrote:

> I would like to format a DVD-RW on my PC with Windows XP. The DVD burner is a
> SONY DVD RW DW-U14A. When I go to explorerselct the DVD path and click
> (righthand) on the mouse onto the DVD rewriter icon, the menu is not showing
> Format. buring DVD-R and DVD+R is not a problem

Hi,

WindowsXP does not support formatting optical media natively, you need third
party software for that. What it does do is "erase", but I believe that only
applies to CD media, not DVD.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/