WinXp reboots 6005, 6009, 1001 errors

Hi,

For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play and
than he just reboots, regardless of watt I’m doing.

I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.

There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I would
rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from thereon.

When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005, 6009,
1001.
I think it is a hardware problem but can’t find anything, some say it is a
Trojan, I don’t know….

Greets

Hi Ibbe,

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

"Ibbe Verlooy" <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
> After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play
> and
> than he just reboots, regardless of watt I'm doing.
>
> I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
> pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.
>
> There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I
> would
> rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from
> thereon.
>
> When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005,
> 6009,
> 1001.
> I think it is a hardware problem but can't find anything, some say it is a
> Trojan, I don't know..

> Greets

Ibbe Verlooy <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
>After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play and
>than he just reboots, regardless of watt I’m doing.
>
>I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
>pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.
>
>There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I would
>rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from thereon.
>
>When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005, 6009,
>1001.
>I think it is a hardware problem but can’t find anything, some say it is a
>Trojan, I don’t know….
>
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Greets

Use Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings button
in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
"automatically restart" to clear it.

That should put an end to the reboots but they may be replaced by
"Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error messages. If this does happen then
the contents of the STOP error message will be a direct clue as to the
underlying cause of the problem.

Post the information from the STOP message, including the STOP code,
all 4 parameters and any file name that is mentioned, back here.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Hi,

Thx for you reply.
I have enable driver verifier & "the blue screen".
My coputer is running realy slow now, i'll let him prosses everyting for now.
Ow i had 2 system errors after startup, but notting more.
now lets wait for a crash.

"Joshua Smith [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Ibbe,
>
> To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
> verifier.
> Steps:
> 1) Windows Key + R
> 2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
> 3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
> 4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
> 5) Reboot
>
> There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
> occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
> the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
> 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
> driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.
>
> This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
> will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
> the blue screen will hopefully say something like
> "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
> corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
> If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
> hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,
>

> Joshua Smith
> OpenGL Test Lab
> Microsoft
> -----

> "Ibbe Verlooy" <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
> > After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play
> > and
> > than he just reboots, regardless of watt I'm doing.
> >
> > I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
> > pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.
> >
> > There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I
> > would
> > rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from
> > thereon.
> >
> > When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005,
> > 6009,
> > 1001.
> > I think it is a hardware problem but can't find anything, some say it is a
> > Trojan, I don't know..
> >
> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Greets

Hi,

Blue Screen Of Death appeared but there was NO text, just a blue screen.
Strange...

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> Ibbe Verlooy <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
> >After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play and
> >than he just reboots, regardless of watt I’m doing.
> >
> >I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
> >pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.
> >
> >There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I would
> >rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from thereon.
> >
> >When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005, 6009,
> >1001.
> >I think it is a hardware problem but can’t find anything, some say it is a
> >Trojan, I don’t know….
> >
> >Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Greets
> >

> Use Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings button
> in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
> "automatically restart" to clear it.
>
> That should put an end to the reboots but they may be replaced by
> "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error messages. If this does happen then
> the contents of the STOP error message will be a direct clue as to the
> underlying cause of the problem.
>
> Post the information from the STOP message, including the STOP code,
> all 4 parameters and any file name that is mentioned, back here.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Hi,

Yesterday i riceved Yesterday I received next error message on the bleu
screen:
Stop: 0x00000005 (0xe55978bc, 0x00000000, 0x804e70d5, 0x00000002)

I hope you can make some sense of it.

Greets Ibbe Verlooy

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> Ibbe Verlooy <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >For the last 6 months I have been having some problems whit my computer.
> >After some time the screen goes black, you can till hear the music play and
> >than he just reboots, regardless of watt I’m doing.
> >
> >I have had this problem whit WinXP and whit WinXP SP2, I have formatted my
> >pc more than ones to get rid of this problem but noting worked.
> >
> >There is one thing that seems to help: when the computer was just on I would
> >rested him whit the reset button in my case and all worked fine from thereon.
> >
> >When I looked at the eventvwr there where always 3 notifications 6005, 6009,
> >1001.
> >I think it is a hardware problem but can’t find anything, some say it is a
> >Trojan, I don’t know….
> >
> >Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Greets
> >

> Use Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings button
> in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
> "automatically restart" to clear it.
>
> That should put an end to the reboots but they may be replaced by
> "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error messages. If this does happen then
> the contents of the STOP error message will be a direct clue as to the
> underlying cause of the problem.
>
> Post the information from the STOP message, including the STOP code,
> all 4 parameters and any file name that is mentioned, back here.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Ibbe Verlooy <ibbe.verlooy@skynet.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Yesterday i riceved Yesterday I received next error message on the bleu
>screen:
>Stop: 0x00000005 (0xe55978bc, 0x00000000, 0x804e70d5, 0x00000002)
>
>I hope you can make some sense of it.
>
>Greets Ibbe Verlooy

See the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

You receive the Stop error "Stop 0x05
(INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT)" in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or
Windows Server 2003
Article ID : 887742
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=887742

If that does not resolve your problem then please post a further
response back here.