Shortcuts appearing automatically

martin

Every time I open or save a downloaded file from the web a shortcut appears
on my C:\ drive pointing to the website and file. This has only recently
started happening, I think after I installed GhostSurf 2005. I uninstalled
the program but this still happens. Is this an Xp issue or IE and how can I
stop it happening.
--
Martin

start>run>regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"Martin" wrote:

> Every time I open or save a downloaded file from the web a shortcut appears
> on my C:\ drive pointing to the website and file. This has only recently
> started happening, I think after I installed GhostSurf 2005. I uninstalled
> the program but this still happens. Is this an Xp issue or IE and how can I
> stop it happening.
> --
> Martin

martin

Nicoliani,
I ran this, re-started but the problem is still there
--
Martin