HELP: how to insert photos in body of e-mail

How can I place small pictures or a link or icon in the body of E-mail
messages--
so the the pic will appear if the link/icon is clicked on the receiving end?
I have XP, IE6,oe6, SP2. most of my pics are in My Pictures. camera
used: SONY cyber-shot 5.1.

I am taking a on-line Chocolate course and need to post Pictures of my
creations to a web site
along with narration.
I have seen links when clicked a small window opens--is this
possible--anyhoo, the easiest way
or all.

Thanks thanks in advance
doug
external98@hotmail.com
filtered well

To insert a hyperlink or HTML page into a message
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/html_insert_link.mspx

To insert a picture into a message
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/html_insert_pic.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eUT1qItYFHA.4036@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
mr wolf <US@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> How can I place small pictures or a link or icon in the body of E-mail
> messages--
> so the the pic will appear if the link/icon is clicked on the receiving
> end? I have XP, IE6,oe6, SP2. most of my pics are in My Pictures.
> camera
> used: SONY cyber-shot 5.1.
>
> I am taking a on-line Chocolate course and need to post Pictures of
> my creations to a web site
> along with narration.
> I have seen links when clicked a small window opens--is this
> possible--anyhoo, the easiest way
> or all.
>

> Thanks thanks in advance
> doug
> external98@hotmail.com
> filtered well

sami_tali

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Ok ok... After extensive research I think I may have the answer.

So the question is how we can insert a picture into an email’s body, so basically we could have text before and after that photo.

Well it seems that this is a quite easy task for many email providers, but unfortunately not “windows live mail”. In “windows live mail”, the photo you want to insert in your email needs to be uploaded on the web, meaning, if the photo is not on a website but rather on the hard drive of your computer then you cannot do this task. So if you want to insert a photo that is on your hard drive (on your computer) then you will need to upload the photo first to a webhost. By the way, there are many free photo webhosts out there. Ones your photo is uploaded. Open that photo in your browser, right click on it, Copy, then go to the text block of your new mail, place your cursor where you want your photo to be, and then Paste it. ANOTHER SOLUTION, if you do not want to go through this hustle you can try this method, it worked for me. Let’s say the photo is on your hard drive. Send yourself an email (from “windows live mail” to “windows live mail”), and attach that photo to the email (simply as an attachment). Open the email once you receive it. You will see the attached photo in the bottom of your email if you scrawl down. Keep that window open and open a new window (or tab). In the new window go to compose a new mail, type your text in the text bloc of the new email, put your cursor where you want the photo to be inserted in the text bloc, then go back to the older window (the received mail), go to the photo, put the cursor on it, right click, Copy, move back to the new window (New Mail), right click and Paste.

This should work for you!
Good Luck
Sami

dalama

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
It is easy, you can click insert button to insert a picture to some e-mail
but some are not, you must first click uplord button.
make sure the extention is jpg format.