Gunmetal benchmark crashes?

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Does anyone else have issues with the Gunmetal benchmark crashing EVERY time before an actual benchmark starts? I can do everything but run either benchmark 1 or benchmark 2. As soon as I try, it starts to open the map screen of the benchmark, and then BAM, all I'm left with is the infamous Win XP error window asking me if I want to send in a report.

My system specs:

P4 3Ghz @ 3.45
Asus P4P800 Deluxe
1GB (2x512) Geil Platinum PC4000
BFG 6800GT w/66.93 drivers

I have no problems with any game or any other benchmark. Just this one. First time installing it. Uninstalled it. Reinstalled it. same exact problem. Help? Anybody?

<font color=blue>This guy here is <i><b>dead!</b></i></font color=blue>
<font color=red>Cross him <i><b>off</b></i> then.

Must be a GF6800 problem! Gimme your card and you can use mine. :tongue:

Actually I have had problem with the R9600P running the Omega drivers and it would crash just before the end of Benchamrk 1. But both launched OK.

Try other drivers, see if that does it.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
yeah, I've read different people having problems with different drivers on both sides of the card world. I'll see what I come up with. Thanks!

UPDATED: nah, installing new drivers only results in the same thing. ah well, maybe someday it'll work. I don't want to go backwards with drivers because the newest drivers work better in everything else.

<font color=red>Cross him <i><b>off</b></i> then.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by krazynutz on 12/08/04 11:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Yeah, sounds like VulpinGL with the Catalyst drivers after about 4.3 or so.

Unfortunately you may have to remove it from your tool list. However forward your concerns, and maybe a link to the other threads you've read about it to nV, and maybe they'll look into it (unlikely, but if a reviewer stumbles on this in a review they won't be happy).

Of course it is just a benchmark, could be worse, could be a game you love.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
aye, and the games are what really count. I made yetti (sp?) aware of the issue already so I guess nV is the next logical choice. Thanks Ape.

<font color=red>Cross him <i><b>off</b></i> then.