Computer Freezing... randomly...

May 27, 2005 1:56:04 PM

My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
not sure how to fix it... please help!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:28:03 AM

Tom, check for overheating CPU, Cooling Fans working, CPU fan working.
Use Motherboard Monitor to check on temps
and voltages. 3.3, 5 and 12v lines. Shouldnt dip below 5% Get MM here

"tom@allwhatever.com" <tom@allwhatever.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:8302BCC3-3BEB-4127-B2DD-13F5A4A1BB86@microsoft.com...
> My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
> mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
> not sure how to fix it... please help!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:06:11 AM

"tom@allwhatever.com" <tom@allwhatever.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:8302BCC3-3BEB-4127-B2DD-13F5A4A1BB86@microsoft.com...
> My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
> mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
> not sure how to fix it... please help!

Try booting into <Safe Mode> first. Tap F8 key after memory count up to POST
beep, then choose whatever menu option (it might be 2). See if the same
problem continues.
!