Computer Freezing... randomly...

My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
not sure how to fix it... please help!
2 answers Last reply
More about computer freezing randomly

    Tom, check for overheating CPU, Cooling Fans working, CPU fan working.
    Use Motherboard Monitor to check on temps
    and voltages. 3.3, 5 and 12v lines. Shouldnt dip below 5% Get MM here

    "tom@allwhatever.com" <tom@allwhatever.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:8302BCC3-3BEB-4127-B2DD-13F5A4A1BB86@microsoft.com...
    > My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
    > mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
    > not sure how to fix it... please help!

    "tom@allwhatever.com" <tom@allwhatever.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:8302BCC3-3BEB-4127-B2DD-13F5A4A1BB86@microsoft.com...
    > My PC is randomly freezing. I can see everything on the screen, but the
    > mouse and keyboard ect wont work. Occasionally just the screen goes... i'm
    > not sure how to fix it... please help!

    Try booting into <Safe Mode> first. Tap F8 key after memory count up to POST
    beep, then choose whatever menu option (it might be 2). See if the same
    problem continues.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP