1. What is your budget? I would like to stay under $900.00
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? not too big of an issue
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? more portable
5. How much battery life do you need? ideally 5+ hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? no games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Office suite, a lot of web work, some(minimal) photoshop usage..most of it will be done on my desktop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? doesn't matter. I will drop an SSD in it in a couple months and make the drive that comes with it an external
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Would prefer to stick with Best Buy so I can use up gift cards and such.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? none needed
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I really like Asus and Samsung. I want to stay away from gateway, compaq, hp
13. What country do you live in? us
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like to have something with a backlit keyboard, intel processor either i5 or i7, and I would prefer matte screen but that isn't required.