Outlook Express sends multiple messages when there are gra..

My Outlook Express 6.0 which has been working fine for a long time has
developed a glich. When I put a single graphic attachment to the message, it
pumps out about 6 copies of the message to the recipient. The six copies then
go to the recipient's delete and a "merged" message appears in the in box
along with the graphic. Recently, I tried sending about 6 graphics with a
message to myself as a test. It generated about 50 copies of the message and
graphic. It appears that the graphic is not complete until the "merge" comes.

I am using XP Pro and Norton Internet security 2005. I have just reinstalled
Norton as I thought it might be at fault. To no avail. When the message or
"messages" are going, the Norton virus spam does not start orderly at 1%,
2%.....to 100%. It goes from 33% to 66% to 90%.

Any ideas will be very helpful.

Thanks. Norm.
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook express sends multiple messages

    "Norm75" <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Outlook Express 6.0 which has been working fine for a long
    > time has
    > developed a glich. When I put a single graphic attachment to
    > the message, it
    > pumps out about 6 copies of the message to the recipient. The
    > six copies then
    > go to the recipient's delete and a "merged" message appears in
    > the in box
    > along with the graphic. Recently, I tried sending about 6
    > graphics with a
    > message to myself as a test. It generated about 50 copies of
    > the message and
    > graphic. It appears that the graphic is not complete until the
    > "merge" comes.
    >
    > I am using XP Pro and Norton Internet security 2005. I have
    > just reinstalled
    > Norton as I thought it might be at fault. To no avail. When the
    > message or
    > "messages" are going, the Norton virus spam does not start
    > orderly at 1%,
    > 2%.....to 100%. It goes from 33% to 66% to 90%.
    >
    > Any ideas will be very helpful.
    >
    > Thanks. Norm.

    If you haven't done so already, you might want to post this
    message to the Outlook Express newsgroup:

    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&sloc=en-us

    That said, it sounds as if you've go OE configured to break up
    messages into smaller pieces. Take a look at the following:

    On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    On the Mail tab, click Properties.
    On the Advanced tab, see if there's a check mark in the box next
    to Break apart messages larger than x KB.

    Nepatsfan

Outlook Express Windows XP