new graphics card too big for small form factor PC

tasandmnm

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Hey everyone! New member here with a question.

I just got a Radeon 9800 SE (the one which can be modded to 9800 Pro specs), the only problem is that it is too tall for my small form factor PC. The PC sits on it's side (it looks like a regular PC layed on it's side) and the motherboard is flat on the bottom of the PC (mounted horizontally). The AGP slot is on the motherboard in a way in which the graphics card sits vertically, which makesthe card almost an inch to tall for me to put the cover back on the case (on this PC the whole top comes off for easy access inside the PC). I know I could just get a new case and move all the parts there, but that would be a big PITA, especially since this PC has an odd comfiguration since it is so small and cramped inside. I could also just modify the cover to the case, but for me that would be no easy task.

So I guess my main questions are these:
1) Does anyone know if there is a product that will plug in to my AGP slot and act as an extension cord so I could place the graphics card somewhere else in the case that it would fit?

2) If no to above question, can you think of any other solution that doesn't involve modding my case, transferring the internals to a new case, or leaving the cover off of my case?

Go here if you love playing Xbox live games but hate the trash talking, cheating general public on Live: http://ussforums.proboards36.com

cleeve

Illustrious
I think a severe case mod is your only way out, if you want to use this card...

tasandmnm

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I was afraid of that....it is a shame to cuz the woman was loving the small form factor plus it enabled me to get the computer up off the floor away from cat hair and such. :(

Go here if you love playing Xbox live games but hate the trash talking, cheating general public on Live: http://ussforums.proboards36.com