Organize Programs within "All Programs"

With Windows 98 I was able to create folders within "All Programs" and
collect like programs within associated folders. Can this be done in XP?

Yes
right click the Start tab
explore all users
This opens an explorer window in the C:\documents&settings\all user\start
menu
here you can create folders and drag and drop program shortcuts into them
When you close the window they will be saved and show up when you click
start/all programs
Under the Documents&settings you should also find your User account where
you can do the same thing ...just remember it is the Folder called Start
menu
peterk

the problem
"gmath" <gmath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Windows 98 I was able to create folders within "All Programs" and
> collect like programs within associated folders. Can this be done in XP?

"gmath" <gmath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Windows 98 I was able to create folders within "All
> Programs" and
> collect like programs within associated folders. Can this be
> done in XP?

Yes. Simply right click on the Start button and select "Explore
All Users". You'll see the Programs folder in the right hand
pane. Whatever organizing you did in Win98 can be done in XP.

Nepatsfan