*BIGTIME bug in XP's WindowsExplorer*

May 26, 2005 7:48:24 PM

Hello to all...this you may find interesting...

First off, my computer was working fine until about 6 months ago. I
built the system about 9 months ago. The error that is a constant
fester has to do with WindowsExplorer. When I try to rename a folder,
or try to use the right-click function, everytime the windows explorer
crashes with the same error message--making it impossible to navigate
and simply keep organization with new folders; i.e. not having to know
the different contents of New Folder (16) and New Folder (68). I
suspect it has something to do with a dll getting corrupted somehow.
Also, this computer is never hooked up to the internet except for when
I registered my XP home edition. All updates were transferred via
external harddrive. I did install Service Pack2 for some crazy reason.
hmmm. anyways...the error reads like this...

WindowsExplorer
Error signature
AppName:explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2800.1106 ModName:ntshrui.dll

ModVer:5.1.2600.1106 Offset:00004037

the technical info it gave to me shows that the file "appcompat.txt" is
included in the error report. It is supposed to be a temporary file.
Also showing is the system information. listed is Windows NT 5.1
Build:2600. Should this read XP?

I dont know where to start because there seems to be nothing like this
on all the sites ive been searching around on for the last few months.
I NEED ANY HELP I CAN GET!!! thanks everyone

--
fjord-have-mrcy
Anonymous

It is *NOT* a bug. You have issues on your machine...issues with the
Windows installation. What you are reporting is not reproducible (except on
your machine) and therefore does not qualify as a *BUG*.
Suggest you back up important data, wipe and do a clean install of windows.
Other alternative is to use SFC.

Bobby

!