Cheap Virtuality Virtual Reality Pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just thought I'd add this;-

The cpu card is one of those single card computers so should be easy to
replace. I'm betting the cache ram or 30 pin SIMMS are bad since it
gives a single beep code (Memory on most bios).

Comes with a ton of spares including bases, covers, extra visette
(parts), and a spare computer with all the boards except the cpu card.

IA.

Instant Arcade wrote:
> On Ebay.
>
> Currently not working, but they have been working recently, should be an
> easy fix.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6188314617&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>

> IA.

If you ever get the chance to visit Orlando, stop by a place called
Disney Quest. It's in Downtown Disney, separate from the theme parks.
Not only do they have a killur selection of classic and contemporary
vids, but they also have the latest tech in VR games. They've got a
virtual build-your-own rollercoaster that has you feeling like you're
in the spin cycle! It's neat to see how far they've come too. Admission
for the whole day is around $35 IIRC and then everything except food
and redemptions is free.

- Craig

I wish there was a market for online pods (pods on an online network
for play) The only problem with that is web lag. Mabey someday with the
internet 2 (or what ever they decided to finally call it) I really
think arcade machines should lean to online play instead of the drugery
of always fighting the CPU.

I would head to the arcade much more often if i knew there was always
some one else online willing to race/combat me via arcade machine.

-isaac

dek

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

The Virtua World guys, a lot of them work at Dave and Busters at the
Great Mall running the Battletech and Red Planet game. I know one of
them, they have tournaments after closing some nights.

Yup.. I'm planning ahead... I already wired my arcade room for Internet...
every other outlet is a hybrid... gotta figure it was cheap to do now while
the walls were appart.

I may never use it, but who knows...