Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Checker??

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2004 1:38:49 AM

I have just installed my Gainworld 6800GT into a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo and I am sure that I am not getting the full potential out of my card.

It was really weird to install the card because it appears to be upside down in the case?? In order for it to fit correctly in the socket it had to go like that. This means that the fans are below the card which probably doesn't matter, but when you look at it at the back of the case the writing is upside down?? The GAINWORLD logo is upside down?? That seems odd because I think if I was to build a video card I would want my logo to be easily readable once installed.

But the most important thing is that I am not getting the kind of performance that I should be out of it. Even the color resolution of the normal windows XP backgrounds don't look right?? They look very pixilated, and the transitions between colors just aren't right?? and then when I fire up a game the lettering, and everything is very pixilated.

More about : video card checker

December 10, 2004 2:41:48 AM

Did you install the driver yet?

AthlonXP 2200 @ 2GHz, 512MB DDR400, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 40GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card...
December 10, 2004 2:32:01 PM

Yep, drivers are installed.
December 10, 2004 3:48:20 PM

That's perfectly normal to have the card the way you have it. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen one installed the other way.

What kind of monitor are you using?

"A delayed game will eventually come out, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto
!