excel only opens within IE

When downloading an Excel file from the web, one of our Windows XP users
does not get the prompt to either open the file or save it to disk and it
only opens in internet explorer with Excel "taking over" the browser via OLE
Automation. On all other workstations, the user can save the file. Anybody
know what setting is causing this? Computer has SP2.

Hi Milton,

Configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the appropriate
Office program:
http://www.winxptutor.com/iedocs.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP