window xp pro with service pack 2

hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying so
can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about window service pack

    You can disable it by going into Control Panel, clicking on the Security
    Center icon, and selecting "Change the way that Windows Security Center
    alerts me'. However, it is telling you that your computer is not protected;
    either you do not have any Antivirus, in which case you should not even
    connect to the internet, or that your Firewall is not turned on. In either
    case, your machine is vulnerable, and you need to correct the problem, not
    just tell windows not to tell you about it.

    If you do not have an Antivirus program, you become a threat to every other
    user on the internet.

    Bobby

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
    > taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
    > Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
    > poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
    > prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying
    > so can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks

    You just want to disable the notification? You aren't interested in WHY your
    computer may be at risk and repair the problem?

    Tell us what the notification says and it's recommendations. Then we can
    help you secure your computer!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
    > taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
    > Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
    > poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
    > prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying
    > so can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks

    right now the software im using is symantec client security, it has
    anti-virus and client firewall in it. Is this software fine for my computer?
    Even though after i installed this software the notification still says your
    computer might be at risk and Symantec Client Security may be out of date.

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
    > taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
    > Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
    > poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
    > prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying
    > so can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks

    Go to Start | Control Panel | Security Center. Click on the offending item
    in red. Click on "recommendations". Tell the system that YOU want to manage
    this item! The alert will be gone!

    But before you do this, be certain that you are, in fact, protected. If you
    are NOT, get protected!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > right now the software im using is symantec client security, it has
    > anti-virus and client firewall in it. Is this software fine for my
    > computer? Even though after i installed this software the notification
    > still says your computer might be at risk and Symantec Client Security may
    > be out of date.
    >

    > "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
    >> taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
    >> Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
    >> poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
    >> prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying
    >> so can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks

    Security Center alert on every startup - Windows XP SP2:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/seccenteralert.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > hi, right now im currently using window xp pro service pack 2 and on the
    > taskbar at the bottom right corner has an icon in red ( Windows Security
    > Alert) has an X letter on it. Whenever i start the window the icon keeps
    > poping up the "your computer may be in risk" . I tried to disable it to
    > prevent the poping up but i couldnt find a way. It gets really annoying
    > so can anyone can show me a way to disable it? thanks

Windows Security Windows XP