I hate norton firewall

I did buy a new pc, so I passed from my win98se to xp home but I dont like my
firewall (norton), i just wanna keep the anti virus wich i find very good.
But when I want to go to the desinstallation pannel it's not in here ! What
do I have to do to get rid off that program, help me please !!
--
Pierre who thanks you all from Belgium.
2 answers Last reply

    Pierre,

    You can find the uninstallation methods for various Symantec products from
    Symantec searchable knowledgebase:

    http://www.symantec.com/search/

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "allatoona" <allatoona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did buy a new pc, so I passed from my win98se to xp home but I dont like
    >my
    > firewall (norton), i just wanna keep the anti virus wich i find very good.
    > But when I want to go to the desinstallation pannel it's not in here !
    > What
    > do I have to do to get rid off that program, help me please !!
    > --
    > Pierre who thanks you all from Belgium.

    Ya, and good luck with that one..Norton makes it so hard to uninstall their
    product.
    Follow their removal instructions exactly.
    here is the page that I found when I had trouble uninstalling it.
    Print the instructions for handy referral while going through the process.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/76be550786e4034388256e1e0000a9d2?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2005&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no

    Note the section on what to do if the recommended method does not work.

    > Pierre,
    >
    > You can find the uninstallation methods for various Symantec products from
    > Symantec searchable knowledgebase:
    >
    > http://www.symantec.com/search/
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "allatoona" <allatoona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I did buy a new pc, so I passed from my win98se to xp home but I dont like
    >>my
    >> firewall (norton), i just wanna keep the anti virus wich i find very
    >> good.
    >> But when I want to go to the desinstallation pannel it's not in here !
    >> What
    >> do I have to do to get rid off that program, help me please !!
    >> --
    >> Pierre who thanks you all from Belgium.

Firewalls Norton Windows XP