I hate norton firewall

May 28, 2005 9:24:02 AM

I did buy a new pc, so I passed from my win98se to xp home but I dont like my
firewall (norton), i just wanna keep the anti virus wich i find very good.
But when I want to go to the desinstallation pannel it's not in here ! What
do I have to do to get rid off that program, help me please !!
--
Pierre who thanks you all from Belgium.

More about : hate norton firewall

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:03:29 PM

Pierre,

You can find the uninstallation methods for various Symantec products from
Symantec searchable knowledgebase:

http://www.symantec.com/search/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"allatoona" <allatoona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 63C91A4-1DD2-4F16-8C1A-416EA3F35C85@microsoft.com...
>I did buy a new pc, so I passed from my win98se to xp home but I dont like
>my
> firewall (norton), i just wanna keep the anti virus wich i find very good.
> But when I want to go to the desinstallation pannel it's not in here !
> What
> do I have to do to get rid off that program, help me please !!
> --
> Pierre who thanks you all from Belgium.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:03:30 PM

Ya, and good luck with that one..Norton makes it so hard to uninstall their
product.
Follow their removal instructions exactly.
here is the page that I found when I had trouble uninstalling it.
Print the instructions for handy referral while going through the process.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df...

Note the section on what to do if the recommended method does not work.

!