XP Pro Boot disk problem

i am trying to do a clean install of xp pro on a pc and every time i get to
the 3rd disc of the boot disks i either get an error message and it says it
can not continue instalation or it just locks up. now i know that it could be
a bad download of the files or a bad floppy but i have used the same disks
several other times with no problems at all. is there any other way of
installing like that without being able to boot from cd rom?
2 answers Last reply
More about boot disk problem

    Gusto, check here
    http://www.nerdlabs.org/bootdisks/

    "Gusto" <Gusto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i am trying to do a clean install of xp pro on a pc and every time i get to
    > the 3rd disc of the boot disks i either get an error message and it says
    > it
    > can not continue instalation or it just locks up. now i know that it could
    > be
    > a bad download of the files or a bad floppy but i have used the same disks
    > several other times with no problems at all. is there any other way of
    > installing like that without being able to boot from cd rom?

    I cant thank you enough man. i was having issues lol. it worked like a charm.
    thank you again rich =)

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Gusto, check here
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    > http://www.nerdlabs.org/bootdisks/
    >

    > "Gusto" <Gusto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i am trying to do a clean install of xp pro on a pc and every time i get to
    > > the 3rd disc of the boot disks i either get an error message and it says
    > > it
    > > can not continue instalation or it just locks up. now i know that it could
    > > be
    > > a bad download of the files or a bad floppy but i have used the same disks
    > > several other times with no problems at all. is there any other way of
    > > installing like that without being able to boot from cd rom?

Boot Windows XP