Mouse cursor moves freely and independently

Tags:
  • Cursor
  • Windows XP
May 28, 2005 10:20:41 AM

Hi,

I experience a very irritating phenomenon in my laptop lately.
The cursor on the screen moves freely and independently (until it
disappears over the edge) for a few seconds, every half one minute, or
so. When it does, I have no control with my Logitech optical mouse.
It happens in the desktop, in Excel, in Word, etc.
The operating system is Windows XP Professional.
I scanned my laptop with updated Norton anti virus, but no virus were
found.
Can anybody tell me why it happens and how this problem can be solved?

Thanks,
David

More about : mouse cursor moves freely independently

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:24:07 AM

A friend of mine had the exact same problem. Turns out her mouse was
toast. Do you have another mouse around that you could use to see if
thats te problem?
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:48:17 AM

Hi Raztax,
I replaced my optical mouse with a mechanical one, but the problem
still stays.

David
May 28, 2005 1:03:19 PM

If it occurs with 2 different types, then it might be a virus, or something.
Try running SpyBot S&D, your virus scanner, and Ad-Aware SE,
Also, go to the manufacturers website and update the driver.

"David K." <kerenshor@013.net> wrote in message
> Hi Raztax,
> I replaced my optical mouse with a mechanical one, but the problem
> still stays.
>
> David

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:36:49 PM

Have you tried scanning with another virus program? Norton antivirus is
garbage, in all honesty, the free virus scanners are better than
norton.
I've seen Trend Micro's free online virus scanner pick up trojans that
Norton missed several times.
!