Mouse cursor moves freely and independently

Hi,

I experience a very irritating phenomenon in my laptop lately.
The cursor on the screen moves freely and independently (until it
disappears over the edge) for a few seconds, every half one minute, or
so. When it does, I have no control with my Logitech optical mouse.
It happens in the desktop, in Excel, in Word, etc.
The operating system is Windows XP Professional.
I scanned my laptop with updated Norton anti virus, but no virus were
found.
Can anybody tell me why it happens and how this problem can be solved?

Thanks,
David
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse cursor moves freely independently

    A friend of mine had the exact same problem. Turns out her mouse was
    toast. Do you have another mouse around that you could use to see if
    thats te problem?

    Hi Raztax,
    I replaced my optical mouse with a mechanical one, but the problem
    still stays.

    David

    If it occurs with 2 different types, then it might be a virus, or something.
    Try running SpyBot S&D, your virus scanner, and Ad-Aware SE,
    Also, go to the manufacturers website and update the driver.

    "David K." <kerenshor@013.net> wrote in message
    > Hi Raztax,
    > I replaced my optical mouse with a mechanical one, but the problem
    > still stays.
    >
    > David

    Have you tried scanning with another virus program? Norton antivirus is
    garbage, in all honesty, the free virus scanners are better than
    norton.
    I've seen Trend Micro's free online virus scanner pick up trojans that
    Norton missed several times.

Cursor Windows XP