Chelsea and Sir. Ferguson

Glad to see Ferguson gave the respect to our work.
Great win.
Expect a great season next...

--
Eduardo Liguori

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Eduardo Liguori wrote:
> Glad to see Ferguson gave the respect to our work.
> Great win.
> Expect a great season next...

Yep nice to see Fergie shaking all the Chelsea players hands, and that the
majority of the Old Trafford crowd gave Chelsea a standing ovation off the
pitch.

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.

Hamish wrote:

> Eduardo Liguori wrote:
> > Glad to see Ferguson gave the respect to our work.
>
> Yep nice to see Fergie shaking all the Chelsea players hands, and that the

According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in this
match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second division team
a long time ago. He is that good for Man Utd.? He must be in his thirties by
now.

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in this match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second division team
> a long time ago. He is that good for Man Utd.? He must be in his thirties by now.

I get a funny feeling they meant to say Darren Fletcher.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:44:20 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
<scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote:

>Hamish wrote:
>
>> Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>> > Glad to see Ferguson gave the respect to our work.
>>
>> Yep nice to see Fergie shaking all the Chelsea players hands, and that the
>
>According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in this
>match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second division team
>a long time ago. He is that good for Man Utd.? He must be in his thirties by
>now.

Sure it wasn't Darren Fletcher you saw mentioned? Last I remember,
Darren Ferguson was turning out for Wrexham.

cluedweasel wrote:

> On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:44:20 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
> <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote:
>
> >According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in this
> >match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second division team
>
> Sure it wasn't Darren Fletcher you saw mentioned? Last I remember,
> Darren Ferguson was turning out for Wrexham.

Yeah, it is most likely a case of misidentity by default of the names being
similar and the review writer trying fast to bash out the piece. Ferguson,
Fletcher; they all look the same when you had one too many lemonades.
Anyway, how the heck did D. Ferguson ever get to play for Man Utd? <Don't answer.
Rhetorical. Same applies to one Dalglish Jr.>

On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:56:22 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> cluedweasel wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:44:20 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
>> <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote:
>>
>>>According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in this
>>>match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second division team
>>
>> Sure it wasn't Darren Fletcher you saw mentioned? Last I remember,
>> Darren Ferguson was turning out for Wrexham.
>
> Yeah, it is most likely a case of misidentity by default of the names being
> similar and the review writer trying fast to bash out the piece. Ferguson,
> Fletcher; they all look the same when you had one too many lemonades.
> Anyway, how the heck did D. Ferguson ever get to play for Man Utd? <Don't answer.
> Rhetorical. Same applies to one Dalglish Jr.>

Same logic not applied to Nigel Clough though?

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Stephen Weir wrote:
> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>> According to a match report, one jobsworth Darren Ferguson played in
>> this match. You are kidding me. I thought he was sold to some second
>> division team a long time ago. He is that good for Man Utd.? He must
>> be in his thirties by now.
>
> I get a funny feeling they meant to say Darren Fletcher.

No difference in ability then.

Marc Robbins wrote:
>> I get a funny feeling they meant to say Darren Fletcher.
>>
> No difference in ability then.

A rose by any other name.....

I look forward to seeing him playing for West Ham at some point in the future.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:56:22 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>
> > Anyway, how the heck did D. Ferguson ever get to play for Man Utd? <Don't answer.
> > Rhetorical. Same applies to one Dalglish Jr.>
>
> Same logic not applied to Nigel Clough though?

Nope. He was left out because he was actually damn good before his injury. A
tremendously intelligent player in his prime as far as my memory can recall.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:07:04 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:56:22 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, how the heck did D. Ferguson ever get to play for Man Utd? <Don't answer.
>>> Rhetorical. Same applies to one Dalglish Jr.>
>>
>> Same logic not applied to Nigel Clough though?
>
> Nope. He was left out because he was actually damn good before his injury. A
> tremendously intelligent player in his prime as far as my memory can recall.

Thats what I thought. He is generally the exception to the rule when it
comes to successful managers having player sons.

Is there any more manager and sons comos?

Cesare and Paolo Maldini comes to mind.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> Is there any more manager and sons comos?

In general, or at the same team?

> Cesare and Paolo Maldini comes to mind.

Gordon Strachan and Gavin/Craig Strachan (Coventry)
Colin Todd and Andy Todd (Bolton)

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> Is there any more manager and sons comos?
>

> In general, or at the same team?
>
>> Cesare and Paolo Maldini comes to mind.
>

> Gordon Strachan and Gavin/Craig Strachan (Coventry)
> Colin Todd and Andy Todd (Bolton)

lol this Steve McMahon character at Perth made his son his first
signing..theres now infighting in the squad and hes being made to look
like a right prick

On Thu, 12 May 2005 00:23:24 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> Is there any more manager and sons comos?
>
> In general, or at the same team?

Yeah I meant in the same team.

mentalalien wrote:
> lol this Steve McMahon character at Perth made his son his first signing..theres now infighting in the squad and hes being made to look
> like a right prick

Steve McMahon the ex-Liverpool player?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:22:19 +0100, Stephen Weir wrote:

> mentalalien wrote:
>> lol this Steve McMahon character at Perth made his son his first signing..theres now infighting in the squad and hes being made to look
>> like a right prick
>
> Steve McMahon the ex-Liverpool player?

Steve "1 Minute" McMahon.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

mentalalien wrote:

> Stephen Weir wrote:
> > Daniel Marsh wrote:
> >> Is there any more manager and sons comos?
> >
> > Gordon Strachan and Gavin/Craig Strachan (Coventry)
> > Colin Todd and Andy Todd (Bolton)
> >

> lol this Steve McMahon character at Perth made his son his first
> signing..theres now infighting in the squad and hes being made to look
> like a right prick

McMahon is now a manager in an Oz league club? Wow, he does travel a bit,
doesn't he? Last I heard of him I think he was in the MLS.