19" horizontal cocktail

Is there such thing as a cocktail cabinet with a 19" monitor where
players sit across from each other on the horizontal side.

I picked up an asteroids that is hacked into a sunsoft cabinet.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v472/SirPoonga/asteroids/

I'd rather have a cocktail and I figure since I have the monitor (WG
19V2000, which just needs a rebuild kit I think) if I can find a
cabinet to put it in that would be great. I know an actual asteroids
cabient used a 13 or 14 inch monitor.
8 answers Last reply
More about horizontal cocktail

    defender, joust, wizard of wor, robotron, battlezone, ....there are
    more.

    I'm in Oshkosh WI. Got pics?
    I don't want a joust. I want a cabinet where the players sit across
    from each other.

    I've been searching around BYOAC but most of the kits you find there
    are pacman style.

    I have no problem building my own cabinet if I have to, it's just a
    glorified box with a hinged side. I just want to see what is out there
    first. If I do build my own I have a full sheet of 3/4" MDF lying
    around that I can use :)

    And I would like to keep the 19" monitor :)

    Since this is for personal use I will probably make artwork (hopefully
    with the help of some of my graphic designer friends) that is like the
    upright's artwork.

    interesting, midway looking cabinet. Would a 19" monitor fit in a
    pacman cabinet orientated like rally-x, then all I'd need ot do is make
    a new top.

    Cool, just wanted some names to search for when I ask around.

    Dynamo made a cocktail where the control panels could be switched from the
    ends to the side and you would have a horizontal cocktail with 2 people on 1
    side. There is also the Joust cocktail, but you might have a little problem
    finding that one. I have a dynamo cocktail in the Chicago suburbs if you are
    close enough.

    Brian

    "SirPoonga" <kevin.jonas@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there such thing as a cocktail cabinet with a 19" monitor where
    > players sit across from each other on the horizontal side.
    >
    > I picked up an asteroids that is hacked into a sunsoft cabinet.
    > http://photobucket.com/albums/v472/SirPoonga/asteroids/
    >
    > I'd rather have a cocktail and I figure since I have the monitor (WG
    > 19V2000, which just needs a rebuild kit I think) if I can find a
    > cabinet to put it in that would be great. I know an actual asteroids
    > cabient used a 13 or 14 inch monitor.

    Rally-X cocktail

    --
    AF
    "SirPoonga" <kevin.jonas@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there such thing as a cocktail cabinet with a 19" monitor where
    > players sit across from each other on the horizontal side.
    >
    > I picked up an asteroids that is hacked into a sunsoft cabinet.
    > http://photobucket.com/albums/v472/SirPoonga/asteroids/
    >
    > I'd rather have a cocktail and I figure since I have the monitor (WG
    > 19V2000, which just needs a rebuild kit I think) if I can find a
    > cabinet to put it in that would be great. I know an actual asteroids
    > cabient used a 13 or 14 inch monitor.

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    :
    : I picked up an asteroids that is hacked into a sunsoft cabinet.
    : http://photobucket.com/albums/v472/SirPoonga/asteroids/
    :
    : I'd rather have a cocktail and I figure since I have the monitor (WG
    : 19V2000, which just needs a rebuild kit I think) if I can find a
    : cabinet to put it in that would be great. I know an actual asteroids
    : cabient used a 13 or 14 inch monitor.

    Rally-X

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu