2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-15.6" is acceptable
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1360x768 is okay but If possible I'd like 1080p resolution
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portability is not much of an Issue, I want it to be solid a weight is not a problem
5. How much battery life do you need?
whatever is normal
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes I want to be able to play most recent games (such as mass effect, Max payne, skyrim etc) at mid-low settings with 40+fps if possible
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
School work and heavy browsing (15+ tabs with videos running in each with little to no lag would be a great thing to have)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
anything about 500 is good
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'll be keeping it for atleast 2 years (after which I'll be taking my desktop)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd writer would be be normal I guess.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no real preference but one with good customer service would be appreciated
13. What country do you live in?
Oman (its right next to dubai)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed
I want a Solid laptop (as in the keyboard shouldn't break off within a year or 2 of use) and being able to play most games on mid to low setting (with AA off).