Macromedia Flash Player

WinXP SP2 successfully installed Macromedia Flash Player but I got a Internet
Explorer Security Warning stating "Windows has blocked this software because
it can't verify the publisher." Name: swflash.cab; Publisher: Unknown.
I'm logged on as administrator and allowed the Active X install, etc. but
got the above message. Anyone know how to get around this Windows block?
Thanks,

That text should apear top of page,simply R.click on it,allow software to
install.

"JRT" wrote:

> WinXP SP2 successfully installed Macromedia Flash Player but I got a Internet
> Explorer Security Warning stating "Windows has blocked this software because
> it can't verify the publisher." Name: swflash.cab; Publisher: Unknown.
> I'm logged on as administrator and allowed the Active X install, etc. but
> got the above message. Anyone know how to get around this Windows block?
> Thanks,

Performed the obvious such as "allow activeX, install software, etc. and got
through all that except Microsoft throws up a window stating "Windows has
blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher." Flash wont run
because of no certificate. Is there a way to Import certificate? Thanks,

"Andrew E." wrote:

> That text should apear top of page,simply R.click on it,allow software to
> install.
>
> "JRT" wrote:
>
> > WinXP SP2 successfully installed Macromedia Flash Player but I got a Internet
> > Explorer Security Warning stating "Windows has blocked this software because
> > it can't verify the publisher." Name: swflash.cab; Publisher: Unknown.
> > I'm logged on as administrator and allowed the Active X install, etc. but
> > got the above message. Anyone know how to get around this Windows block?
> > Thanks,

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19166

You could try the standalone version

From the article above:
<snip>
If you wish to install using a standalone installer you can download the appropriate
installer below:
Windows

a.. Flash Player for Internet Explorer
b.. Flash Player for Netscape-compatible browsers

JRT wrote:
> WinXP SP2 successfully installed Macromedia Flash Player but I got a
> Internet Explorer Security Warning stating "Windows has blocked this
> software because it can't verify the publisher." Name: swflash.cab;
> Publisher: Unknown.
> I'm logged on as administrator and allowed the Active X install, etc.
> but got the above message. Anyone know how to get around this
> Windows block? Thanks,

ericore

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Most swflash.cab error occur because of malfunctioning or outdated version of flash player internet explorer edition.

Uninstall all flash player in Add/remove, and install the IE and Other browser flash player from the adobe website.

If you have done this and still get the error, and advise not to try to circumvent it and to notify the website or software publisher of the error. The reason you don't want to circumvent it is because it is probably malicious if the above step didn't work.

TRENDING THREADS