HELP! My COMPUTER WON'T TURN ON!

I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, & a
whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY
15 answers Last reply
More about help computer turn

    Tech support laptop manufacturer is a valid place to ask.

    "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
    > tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
    > whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >
    > --
    > Nathan Parker
    > nathan@hsnp.com
    > http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
    >
    > DRIVE SAFELY

    Do you have any power indicators and do they show. You'll likely need to
    open it up and check the switch for faults and/or any loose wiring. A
    voltmeter at this stage would be useful but if it's under warranty send it
    in rather than mess with it.

    "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
    > tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
    > whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >
    > --
    > Nathan Parker
    > nathan@hsnp.com
    > http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
    >
    > DRIVE SAFELY

    Try another external power supply. Probably your battery is dead and the
    power supply can't charge it.

    "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
    > tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
    > whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >
    > --
    > Nathan Parker
    > nathan@hsnp.com
    > http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
    >
    > DRIVE SAFELY

    What if his tech support has run out? What if the guy is tech illiterate?
    That's why he posted, to get help. You have provided none and therefore are
    not relevant at all and useless as well.

    Nathan wrote:
    > I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
    > I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
    > battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.

    How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
    the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
    support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has nothing
    whatsoever to do with the installed OS.

    Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support information.

    What a useless post
    > Nathan wrote:
    >> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
    >> I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
    >> battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >
    > How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
    > the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
    > support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
    > nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
    >
    > Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
    > information.
    >

    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    As useless as your comments.

    "Jim" <NOSPAM@no.com> wrote in message
    > What a useless post
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> Nathan wrote:
    >>> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
    >>> I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
    >>> battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >>
    >> How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
    >> the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
    >> support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
    >> nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
    >>
    >> Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
    >> information.
    >>

    >> --
    >> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    So you a troll like the Tick? Good job
    > As useless as your comments.
    >
    > "Jim" <NOSPAM@no.com> wrote in message
    >> What a useless post
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is
    >>> for the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help
    >>> and support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
    >>> nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
    >>>
    >>> Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
    >>> information.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    I just want to personally thsnk all of you for your help. I know enough tech
    info, we tried the battery, we tried the AC, It's somewhere in the switch.
    I'm sending it in. Thanks for all of your help.

    --
    Nathan Parker
    nathan@hsnp.com

    DRIVE SAFELY

    If under warranty ... Take it back

    If not is the pawer adaptor OK / fuse ok simple ones I know but happened to me

    More technical sorry cant be of much help.

    "Nathan" wrote:

    > I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
    > tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, & a
    > whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >
    > --
    > Nathan Parker
    > nathan@hsnp.com
    > http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
    >
    > DRIVE SAFELY

    Idiot. This is an XP newsgroup; not a laptop newsgroup.

    > What if his tech support has run out? What if the guy is tech illiterate?
    > That's why he posted, to get help. You have provided none and therefore
    > are not relevant at all and useless as well.
    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    >> Tech support laptop manufacturer is a valid place to ask.
    >>
    >> "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
    >>> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery,
    >>> & a
    >>> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Nathan Parker
    >>> nathan@hsnp.com
    >>> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
    >>>
    >>> DRIVE SAFELY

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    It's under warranty. Thank you for your help. If it's bound to happen to
    someone, it's going to be me!
    --
    Nathan Parker
    nathan@hsnp.com

    DRIVE SAFELY
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I'm just glad someone helped me.

    --
    Nathan Parker
    nathan@hsnp.com

    DRIVE SAFELY
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I know that, but I was desperate. I love my laptop & I need it. I needed
    answers fast, & so I contacted multiple people: my friend, my manufacturer,
    & this newsgroup.

    --
    Nathan Parker
    nathan@hsnp.com

    DRIVE SAFELY
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Fuse? What Fuse? I didn't know it had a fuse? Where? On the Laptop? Ifon the
    laptop, where at? This may be the answer to my problem

    --
    Nathan Parker
    nathan@hsnp.com

    DRIVE SAFELY