HELP! My COMPUTER WON'T TURN ON!

May 28, 2005 6:09:40 PM

I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, & a
whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY

More about : computer turn

May 28, 2005 6:09:41 PM

Tech support laptop manufacturer is a valid place to ask.

"Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>
> --
> Nathan Parker
> nathan@hsnp.com
> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>
> DRIVE SAFELY

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:12:11 PM

Do you have any power indicators and do they show. You'll likely need to
open it up and check the switch for faults and/or any loose wiring. A
voltmeter at this stage would be useful but if it's under warranty send it
in rather than mess with it.

"Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>
> --
> Nathan Parker
> nathan@hsnp.com
> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>
> DRIVE SAFELY

May 28, 2005 10:46:30 PM

Try another external power supply. Probably your battery is dead and the
power supply can't charge it.

"Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>
> --
> Nathan Parker
> nathan@hsnp.com
> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>
> DRIVE SAFELY

May 29, 2005 3:17:48 AM

What if his tech support has run out? What if the guy is tech illiterate?
That's why he posted, to get help. You have provided none and therefore are
not relevant at all and useless as well.
> Tech support laptop manufacturer is a valid place to ask.
>
> "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
>>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
>> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, &
>> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>>
>> --
>> Nathan Parker
>> nathan@hsnp.com
>> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>>
>> DRIVE SAFELY

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:16:18 AM

Nathan wrote:
> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
> I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
> battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.

How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has nothing
whatsoever to do with the installed OS.

Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support information.

May 29, 2005 5:16:19 AM

What a useless post
> Nathan wrote:
>> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
>> I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
>> battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>
> How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
> the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
> support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
> nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
>
> Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
> information.
>

> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

May 29, 2005 5:16:20 AM

As useless as your comments.

"Jim" <NOSPAM@no.com> wrote in message
> What a useless post
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> Nathan wrote:
>>> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all.
>>> I've tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the
>>> battery, & a whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>>
>> How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is for
>> the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help and
>> support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
>> nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
>>
>> Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
>> information.
>>

>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

May 29, 2005 5:16:21 AM

So you a troll like the Tick? Good job
> As useless as your comments.
>
> "Jim" <NOSPAM@no.com> wrote in message
>> What a useless post
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> How is this related to the Windows XP operating system? This group is
>>> for the support of the Windows XP operating system (strictly the help
>>> and support centre, though it's been hijacked). A non-booting system has
>>> nothing whatsoever to do with the installed OS.
>>>
>>> Suggest you RTFM to learn the manufacturer's technical support
>>> information.
>>>

>>> --
>>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

May 29, 2005 5:16:22 AM

I just want to personally thsnk all of you for your help. I know enough tech
info, we tried the battery, we tried the AC, It's somewhere in the switch.
I'm sending it in. Thanks for all of your help.

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY
May 29, 2005 9:05:02 AM

If under warranty ... Take it back

If not is the pawer adaptor OK / fuse ok simple ones I know but happened to me

More technical sorry cant be of much help.

"Nathan" wrote:

> I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery, & a
> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>
> --
> Nathan Parker
> nathan@hsnp.com
> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>
> DRIVE SAFELY

May 29, 2005 5:29:17 PM

Idiot. This is an XP newsgroup; not a laptop newsgroup.

> What if his tech support has run out? What if the guy is tech illiterate?
> That's why he posted, to get help. You have provided none and therefore
> are not relevant at all and useless as well.
> "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
>> Tech support laptop manufacturer is a valid place to ask.
>>
>> "Nathan" <nathan@hsnp.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a laptop, & It's dead as a doornail. It won't turn on at all. I've
>>> tried Removing & reinserting the battery, using it without the battery,
>>> & a
>>> whole lot more please help. I'm on my old one right now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nathan Parker
>>> nathan@hsnp.com
>>> http://wx.findu.com/CW1527
>>>
>>> DRIVE SAFELY

May 29, 2005 10:26:47 PM

It's under warranty. Thank you for your help. If it's bound to happen to
someone, it's going to be me!
--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY
May 29, 2005 10:29:13 PM

I'm just glad someone helped me.

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY
May 29, 2005 10:31:10 PM

I know that, but I was desperate. I love my laptop & I need it. I needed
answers fast, & so I contacted multiple people: my friend, my manufacturer,
& this newsgroup.

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY
May 30, 2005 3:41:41 PM

Fuse? What Fuse? I didn't know it had a fuse? Where? On the Laptop? Ifon the
laptop, where at? This may be the answer to my problem

--
Nathan Parker
nathan@hsnp.com

DRIVE SAFELY