Foolish ATI

wonc

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004
Hello, folks, have you heard that ATI is gonna replace x700xt to non-pro x800.You know what? x700xt does not exist even in any retail stores. What do you think of this? I think that they are doing very stupid job.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wonc on 12/13/04 09:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

I think that they are doing very stupid job.
Wow that's a relief! I wasn't going to be able to get any sleep until I knew your op-onion!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
Shut up! idiot. you act like such a noob sumtimes with your sarcastic comments, Dont you get enough sex or somthing? because it looks like your a Virgin.

aLawLz187

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
sorry but i have to disagree with your opinion on ati. If ati can release the x800 standard for about $199 nvidia is screwed.

-lawler

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum | 1gb Kingston HyperX PC4000 [2x512] | ATI 9600 Pro [upgrade soon] | Sound Blaster Audigy LS | Samsung 120gb hd

cleeve

Illustrious
Ape, based on the posts from "strangers" lately I assume you've got yourself a hater who is making multiple accounts.

As for the X700XT, hell... they're offering the new X800 at about the same price point, only it'll decimate the 6600GT.

Not such a bad move, I reckon. Seems pretty smart to me, to destroy the competition in the only segment they're not the domenant force in... doncha think RX8/Wonc? ;)

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
They're actually going to sell the X700XT for a quarter or two then replace it with the X800. I find this a great idea--why not get more performance at the same pricepoint? It was also at no loss to them, the X700Pros can use those dies. It might even cost less this way due to not needing <b>expensive</b> GDDR3, cheap-ol DDR will suffice for the X800.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
You are also an idiot.

By eliminating the X700XT (eventually), ATi will be able to simplify their product line, which is a move that both nVidia and ATi have yet to do (although the OEMs are partly to blame for this). <b>End the nomenclature wars!!!</b> Once the X700XT is out of the picture, consumers will have:

X700, X700 Pro

X800, X800 Pro, X800XT

and then the 850 series

The X800 standard will aim to take down the 6600GT, but anyway

you're

an

idiot. :smile:

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

Wow now that's a mature response. How long did it take you to come up with that one? Seriously weak, just like your previous posts.

Virgin? Yes I am a Virgin to the Beastial love you enjoy so much. Also to the gushy man-love of the 'Others' forum.

Which is also funny cause, <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=423057#423057" target="_new">You loved me once</A>. Guess you're just pi$$ed off that I didn't reply to your personal e-mail and sent back your flowers and candy. OR maybe it's 'cause we <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=423077#423077" target="_new">smacked you down</A> in another thread where you were being a twat.

If I'm acting like a nOOb, you're acting like a flaming-troll. Considering how long you've been here, I'll chalk it up to blatant ignorance more than actual stoOopidity.

You got anything to contribute other than your own sexual problems, feel free, but sofar you've simply proven yourself to be a jacka$$ with little to contribute other than trite blathering and name-calling. And considering your <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=423054#423054" target="_new">'MORON Statement'</A> You can rest assured no one here cares what you think or respects anything you have to say. So if all you have is BS, then go play somewhere else little man, the adults have better things to do than to correct all your mistakes. Of course smacking some sense into you can be fun, and entertaining.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

michael11699

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
Ape, based on the posts from "strangers" lately I assume you've got yourself a hater who is making multiple accounts.
It's not me. I was in a crappy mood one day and flamed Ape, when I asked about the 6800GTO. Looking back, I deserved it. May I have another? LOL

Not sure about the influx of fanboi stangers and numbnut-noobs.

As for the X700XT, hell... they're offering the new X800 at about the same price point, only it'll decimate the 6600GT
That's just it. The X800XL and NEW X800 will be made on the 110nm process, and be cheaper to fab per chip. Instead of trying to overclock the heck out of the X700XT and put more expensive/exotic memory on it, why not sell the X800 as cast off X800XL chips with cheaper to buy/add memory (depending on the mark-up of 256bit instead of 128bit). IF the yields and costs are right, you have a killer in the segment that is along the lines of the FX5900XT (before the age of HL2 etc).

This seems like a win-win. You can't justify the X700XT at $249 when the GF6600GT is selling for $200 (except as AGP), however you can justify selling an X800 @ $249MSRP when it should far outpace the GF6600GT except in a few rare exceptions. So instead of selling the X700XT at a potential loss or at best break-even, why not get the extra $50 and sell something that could turn into the R9500Pro of this generations mid-range (although arriving in a time frame similar when the R9600P last generation).

This could be a very attractive card depending on it's avilability (which will affect/cause price-gouging by the Ba$$turdz resellers!).

We all have crappy days, heck I have crappy weeks thanks to the view from my desk of the snow-capped Rockies/Banff taunting me, daring me to call in sick!

Anywhoo, I just try to keep things within the bounds, occasionally act a little sarcastic for the humour of those stuck watching the rest of us, especially those who want to say something but don't want the exposure. It's better than flaming full-on, heck I even edited my first reply (including title) to be a little less flamey, because looking back Wonc's contributed and been pretty normal so he didn't deserve the replies I've felt almost compelled to give, as even Cleeve noticed we've had an influx strange Fanboi like posts and stupidities. Even when it goes there I don't hold a grudge given some cool off, there's no point.

Many of us have locked horns at some time, and in the end it almost always blows over, with the rare exception.

Also to the gushy man-love of the 'Others' forum.

Hey, leave us alone! :lol:

michael11699

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2003
I know you and several of the VERY knowledgable (sp?) members have help me out alot in the past, no matter how silly my question was. And I appreciate it, seriously, I do.

johnnyinternet

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
wow that post is as close to a hoe getting a backhand from her pimp as i have ever seen. he's got examples, burns, re-burns, i am waiting for rx8 to respond but i don't think he can he got put in his place. so props.

oh and because i am watching it right now, league rejected the nhlpa's offer. i don't think there is going to be hockey for a very long time. EA will be out of luck, maybe a european designer will make a game for the Russian league or something. ah i am just rambling now because i need to study and i <i> really </i> don't want to.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Hope you are not RX8 - fighting with yourself :wink:

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

NO, not a phantom account for ME (maybe someone else here).

Plus, I'd do a better job of it IMO. :wink:

OK.

But seriously, WTF?!?

Anywhooo, so be it. I'll sweep it under the rug.

Movin' on.

I have a few usernames myself, but I only use it when the forum needs some fun.
I know some people's alter egos here, but most are a little more reasonable or so extreme as to be laughable.

And that's when they are good and fun.

Start another 'HEY, D3 won't run on my Intel Extreme! It's says EXTREME graphics, C'mon!' thread.

Personally I'm thinking of getting one, maybe be the XGI crusader! "SLI sux go for the 4 cores with XGI and ALX!" :evil:

cleeve

Illustrious
LOL @ jackasses!