[TECH] Virtua Racing DX

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

So I picked up the 900lb sitdown Virtua Racing DX from the Rockford
Auction for $180... (eyes bigger than my stomach)

http://www.lostingames.com/video23.htm

I've got it trucked home and set up, after some poking around, here is
what I have found:

- 7L Toshiba Air compressor behind the seat works 100%
- All boards behind the massive 36" monitor work 100%
- +5v power supply is hosed
- Monitor is hosed
- Whoever last messed with this wiring needs to be drawn and
quartered. twice.
- Pedals work, and I found the gears for the steering pots in the
base of the monitor cabinet.

I popped in a switcher and hooked the main board to my Med-Res Virtua
Fighter 2 cabinet, and lo and behold, the board works great!

This machine is in need of a major cleanup and rewire, but it shows
promise. I _really_ need schematics for this beast. Most notably, the
majority of the control wiring (paddles, steering, VR buttons) have
been hacked apart and duct taped back together. Some of the VR buttons
are missing. I'm not even going to test the drive system until I have
the game working...

Does anyone have documentation on this "cabinet"? or at the very least,
can someone provide me with schematics for the VR twin and I'll hope
things match up? Also, a source for the buttons would be nice too.
the seat adjustment buttons have been vandalized, the steering wheel
looks like the batmobile's, and the seat has a nice rip in it...

thx,

-john (at) w i t h a m s dot n e t

Only 8.00 shipping for that HEAVY manual? What happened to you?

You must be having a 6,000,000 % off shipping sale.

- Matt

John,

you can get the manual for the TWIN version here
http://www.seuservice.com/manuals/Virtua%20Racing%20Twin%20Folder/VirtuaRacingmain.html
that might get you halfway there.

IA.

john wrote:
> So I picked up the 900lb sitdown Virtua Racing DX from the Rockford
> Auction for $180... (eyes bigger than my stomach)
>
> http://www.lostingames.com/video23.htm
>
> I've got it trucked home and set up, after some poking around, here is
> what I have found:
>
> - 7L Toshiba Air compressor behind the seat works 100%
> - All boards behind the massive 36" monitor work 100%
> - +5v power supply is hosed
> - Monitor is hosed
> - Whoever last messed with this wiring needs to be drawn and
> quartered. twice.
> - Pedals work, and I found the gears for the steering pots in the
> base of the monitor cabinet.
>
> I popped in a switcher and hooked the main board to my Med-Res Virtua
> Fighter 2 cabinet, and lo and behold, the board works great!
>
> This machine is in need of a major cleanup and rewire, but it shows
> promise. I _really_ need schematics for this beast. Most notably, the
> majority of the control wiring (paddles, steering, VR buttons) have
> been hacked apart and duct taped back together. Some of the VR buttons
> are missing. I'm not even going to test the drive system until I have
> the game working...
>
> Does anyone have documentation on this "cabinet"? or at the very least,
> can someone provide me with schematics for the VR twin and I'll hope
> things match up? Also, a source for the buttons would be nice too.
> the seat adjustment buttons have been vandalized, the steering wheel
> looks like the batmobile's, and the seat has a nice rip in it...
>
> thx,
>
> -john (at) w i t h a m s dot n e t

TRENDING THREADS