Damaged monitor while moving it.

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
June 22, 2005 6:47:59 AM

Hello

Whilst moving a (discharged) monitor from an old cab into a new cab,
the thin wire that seemed to (from memory - you will see why shortly)
run around the perimeter of the screen glass looping around each of the
metal support tabs (that stop the monitor from falling into the cab)
was broken.

What was the purpose of this wire? It is not the degaussing wire loop,
as I disconnected it. It is connected via a black wire to the small
board on the back of the tube. Is this wire needed, or should I remake
it?

I wish I could tell you the make/model of the monitor, but I cannot
find any marking on the boards. The main driver board is seperately
mounted from the monitor, they do not share a chassis as I see in some
cab setups.

Any advise is appreciated.

More about : damaged monitor moving

June 22, 2005 6:33:24 PM

"Evan Clarke" <evanclarke@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Whilst moving a (discharged) monitor from an old cab into a new cab,
> the thin wire that seemed to (from memory - you will see why shortly)
> run around the perimeter of the screen glass looping around each of the
> metal support tabs (that stop the monitor from falling into the cab)
> was broken.
>
> What was the purpose of this wire? It is not the degaussing wire loop,
> as I disconnected it. It is connected via a black wire to the small
> board on the back of the tube. Is this wire needed, or should I remake
> it?
>
> I wish I could tell you the make/model of the monitor, but I cannot
> find any marking on the boards. The main driver board is seperately
> mounted from the monitor, they do not share a chassis as I see in some
> cab setups.
>
> Any advise is appreciated.

It's a ground strap, reconnect the broken ends and you will be fine.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 4:29:35 AM

Unfortunately the cable has moved a bit so I don't know the path it
followed around the moniter.

I assume that if it makes contact with all four metal mounting brackets
it will be ok?
June 24, 2005 2:32:23 AM

as long as it touches 2 or more of the gnd lugs on the front together and to
the gnd on the neck board. Also, there might be an extra to the chassis. D/L
the manual for your game/monitor

!