Dell XP Disk

When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home edition
CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
installation fails. Help if you can. THX
4 answers Last reply
More about dell disk

    Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
    files and how you would access them for times like this.

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
    > edition
    > CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
    > but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
    > installation fails. Help if you can. THX

    Thanks - I hope I can get to Dell Tech support

    "joust in jest" wrote:

    > Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
    > files and how you would access them for times like this.
    >
    > --
    > steve
    >
    > nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    > remove _thenut_ to reach me
    >

    > "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
    > > edition
    > > CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
    > > but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
    > > installation fails. Help if you can. THX

    I hope that they understand you.And that you can understand their
    english!

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:03 -0700, Confalone
    <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks - I hope I can get to Dell Tech support
    >
    >"joust in jest" wrote:
    >
    >> Dell Technical Support should know where they put the MS Windows install
    >> files and how you would access them for times like this.
    >>
    >> --
    >> steve
    >>
    >> nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    >> remove _thenut_ to reach me
    >>

    >> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When attempting to install Media PLayer, windows askd for the XP home
    >> > edition
    >> > CD to get some files. I have a Dell Dimension and all the original disks,
    >> > but none of them seem to be the one windows is looking for, so the
    >> > installation fails. Help if you can. THX

Dell Windows XP