!!!HELP!!! D3 won't run on my Intel Extreme!

Captain_BS

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
Da heck is going on guys? Intel said this is EXTREME so it should be able to run Doom3&HL2 right?
I have a Intel i865G motherboard with the uber-fast Intel Extreme graphics which kicks all yer X800XT-PE and 6800Ultras ass so why won't it run Doom3???
F*ckin hell I paid a heafty 900bux for it!

Arrrrgg this is anoying, it's meant to have Extreme graphics!

Captain_BS

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
I even e-mailed Intel to ask them why this is happening and they said:
"Dear Valued Customer

Our product is designed and built for Extreme performance so of course it won't run games such as Doom3&HL2 because they ARE NOT EXTREME enough.
To show you what EXTREME performance is, you must drop it down a 10sotrey building then run it over a tank to show its true EXTREMENESS."

WTF??? EXTREME??? I'm gonna nuke Intel for lying about EXTREME performance!

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Finally you got urself an alias :cool:
My new ringtone (still using your for other functions) :smile:

edited a bit
<A HREF="http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Jay_And_Silent_Bob_Strike_Back=raiseyou.wav" target="_new">http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Jay_And_Silent_Bob_Strike_Back=raiseyou.wav</A>

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
Your CPUis just fine for running the games, it's the weak intergrated graphics that is killing you. Get a Nvidia 6600GT-about $200- and you will be rocking and rolling.

cleeve

Illustrious
But wait! There is fine print on the Logo, there:

<b>Intel Extreme* Graphics</b>

<pre>*ly shitty</pre><p>

RichPLS

Champion
The problem is entirely in the game software. For it is not coded efficiently, thus wasting the Extreme Grafix solution you have.
Really it is a conspiracy, backed by the hardware manu's intended to create a wave of upgradiant society craving the latest and greatest grafix kardz.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
OMG I cant believe that there are still hard core suckers out there...

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

Isn't it obvious the Intel Extreme2 is the newest version of integrated SLI?!

Squared is next gen and will have like four GPUs. They'll place them in a diamond formation around the CPU because the symmetry will make them run faster.

I see you finally got the new title - congrats!

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
Remember Intel Extreme Graphics stands for "extremely poor intergrated".

On the other hand, what did youexpect from onboard graphics anyway-seriouly.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Dont listen to them! All you need to do is go uninstall windows XP and put MAC OS on that machine! Then you will see Doom3 shine like nothihg else! BTW, good choise in game! It totaly rockes the pants off of HL2 and Farcy by a long shot!

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"

eden

Champion
You STILL are falling for the joke?!

--
The <b><A HREF="http://snipurl.com/blsb" target="_new"><font color=red>THGC Photo Album</font color=red></A></b>, send in your pics, get your own webpage and view other members' sites.

OIE!
*smacks forehead*
*shakes head*
May take a jackhammer to beat it into his head!