I Need to reinstall Device Manager

Hi,

I need to reinstall the Device Manager in Windows XP. After a crash last
week XP deleted some system files, one of which must belong to the Device
Manager.

I've tried finding a INF file to reinstall it, but lost as to which one is
the installer.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find this, or maybe another way of
fixing it. I've tried SFC - but that didnt work.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall device manager

    "Syrus_XL" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to reinstall the Device Manager in Windows XP. After a crash last
    > week XP deleted some system files, one of which must belong to the Device
    > Manager.
    >
    > I've tried finding a INF file to reinstall it, but lost as to which one is
    > the installer.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea where I can find this, or maybe another way of
    > fixing it. I've tried SFC - but that didnt work.
    >
    > Thanks.

    maybe run
    devmgmt.msc

    "Syrus_XL" <SyrusXL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to reinstall the Device Manager in Windows XP. After a crash last
    > week XP deleted some system files, one of which must belong to the Device
    > Manager.
    >
    > I've tried finding a INF file to reinstall it, but lost as to which one is
    > the installer.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea where I can find this, or maybe another way of
    > fixing it. I've tried SFC - but that didnt work.
    >
    > Thanks.

Device Manager Windows XP