Q: Board repair on eBay by "elsie696"

Has anyone tried the board repair services offered on eBay by seller
"elsie696"?

I emailed them a couple of questions, but haven't gotten any response
in a week or so.

Thanks,
Rob

Pole Position 2 board, of course! I was just asking them if they also
fixed those (along with PP1).

The problem seems relatively simple, but I can't seem to find the
culprit - the board works fine in test mode, but in game mode, it
continually resets. Mark (UK) was able to recreate similar symptoms by
removing a couple custom IC's, but changing those chips don't affect my
board. I got the board from Mark (UK) originally, and it worked fine
for a few weeks.

Rob

Mark C. Spaeth wrote:
> Rob Williams <iggins@gmail.com> wrote:
> : Has anyone tried the board repair services offered on eBay by seller
> : "elsie696"?
> :
> : I emailed them a couple of questions, but haven't gotten any response
> : in a week or so.
>
> I noticed their 'repair prices' are oddly similar to most other
> peoples' sale prices... What are you looking to have fixed?
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Seems to me that their lack of response might be an indication of their
service. Hopefully it is only because they are on vacation or busy
fixing broken boards.

Pat D.

Rob Williams wrote:
> Has anyone tried the board repair services offered on eBay by seller
> "elsie696"?
>
> I emailed them a couple of questions, but haven't gotten any response
> in a week or so.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Rob Williams <iggins@gmail.com> wrote:
: Has anyone tried the board repair services offered on eBay by seller
: "elsie696"?
:
: I emailed them a couple of questions, but haven't gotten any response
: in a week or so.

I noticed their 'repair prices' are oddly similar to most other
peoples' sale prices... What are you looking to have fixed?

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

I have made all of the power mods. Do you remember which RAMs you
changed?

Thanks,
ROb

VaxX wrote:
> Mine had a similar problem the other day, turned out to be a couple of bad
> rams that aren't checked in the self test, but affect the game.
> Also, for a bit of bullet-proofing, make sure you have good power feed
> going to both pcb's. Connect a wire to all +5v (and GND) test points and run
> into a large gauge power wire.
>

> "Rob Williams" <iggins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Pole Position 2 board, of course! I was just asking them if they also
> > fixed those (along with PP1).
> >
> > The problem seems relatively simple, but I can't seem to find the
> > culprit - the board works fine in test mode, but in game mode, it
> > continually resets. Mark (UK) was able to recreate similar symptoms by
> > removing a couple custom IC's, but changing those chips don't affect my
> > board. I got the board from Mark (UK) originally, and it worked fine
> > for a few weeks.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > Mark C. Spaeth wrote:
> > > Rob Williams <iggins@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > : Has anyone tried the board repair services offered on eBay by seller
> > > : "elsie696"?
> > > :
> > > : I emailed them a couple of questions, but haven't gotten any response
> > > : in a week or so.
> > >
> > > I noticed their 'repair prices' are oddly similar to most other
> > > peoples' sale prices... What are you looking to have fixed?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> > > 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> > > Cambridge, MA 02139